olive leaf extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Any comapny recommendations? Any one with infections in CFS benefit fromt his? I read to take three a day. ANy input woudl be recommended. Thanks!
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

have to chuckle. When I first looked at the title I thought it said "olive loaf extract" and I thought - how strange, they are really coming up with some different things, I wonder how THAT would work?

I hope someone has the answer you are looking for with olive leaf.

Kelly
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know there are people who have taken this.
  4. paulwin

paulwin New Member

Hi Jane,

I have used olive leaf over the years and like it.Iis good for yeast,bacteria and I believe virus and is fairly easy on the system. Three a day is good and if you are going after candida go for three months. Good luck, Paul
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey Bailey-sMom,
    This is a new treatment you can try at home. Here is the receipe per Marthla Stewart. (My S. O. always refers to her as "Marthla.")

Take one olive: one loaf; combine.

N.B. If you do not have an olive, you can substitute one watermelon.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Olive leaf is great for combating things. I always have olive leaf in the house. I have CFS and only use it when I feel a cold or flu coming on. If I try to use it daily, I get a terrible detox or hex reaction (don't know which one), so I limit it to fighting a bug for several day's. Some people can take it daily without problem's. Everyone is different, so you don't know till you try.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

My research seemed to show it was fairly gentle, but I get a strong and painful detox reaction for at least an hour on a 500 mg pill. I would have tried a weaker strength if I'd known. I too can't take them every day, I can do about 5 days then I'm too exhausted and need a break for a day or few.

It helped somewhat w/ candida and is also a strong chelator that can purge heavy metals. I think this is what hits me so hard. I only have 2 mercury amalgam fillings, but I had a mouthful I'm slowing getting rid of. I also smoking lightly, it's only 5 a day, and outside, but it adds a bit.

Jeanne