Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Apr 7, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

HI All

I'm not new, been here in and out for many moons, i would like to know if anyone that has cfs. is using olive leaf extract, and those that are not taking it and have any knowledge of this product, your input is also needed.

Please can you tell me how OLIVE LEAF Extract suppose to treat your body. So far, I'm getting a WAHLAP, from USING OLE, it is making me weak, with a slight headache, and i think, not sure yet, but yesterday, i went to the bathroom about 5 timeS, its not in a diaarea kind of thinky.

I have purchased olive leaf four days ago, I'm out of the old tranfer factor that I ran out of, couple days ago, i bought the new tf100, and waiting on that to arrive. Anyone has any information on what to expect when using this herb, or should I stop using it, or any input would be helpful to me............Thanks a million.

Can we please get some funny faces here...................thanks Monitor.
  2. street129

street129 New Member

noone has any input, i'll bump....bump.....bump
  3. spacee

spacee Member

You had a big time herx from the OLE and that is a good thing (my opinion). Mikie used to get those all the time (on purpose) with her different meds....doxy, tf's, antivirals. It slowly brought her to the point where she can work.

I don't get that reaction from OLE so I stopped it. I don't get that from the TF's either but since they "work" for me, I will stay with them.

If you feel like going through the herx, you might try to keep doing it. Mikie felt better after each purging...but there are a lot of critters to kill, mind you. And she took low dose heparin (my doc refused that) but I think you can get a slower heparin type reaction with Nattokinase.

You may have just stumbled on to a good thing!

4. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

From past experience w/OLE: it is antiviral & antibacterial. You can get a sort of herx reaction as it kills off the bad bugs.

Weakness & headache may be due to it's BP lowering properties. And possibly, if you are losing fluids w/bathroom trips, you're experiencing a double whammy. Do you have a blood pressure monitor, or a friend who would share?

If BP drop is mild & if health otherwise allows, you may be able to compensate by increasing salt.

Best wishes.
  5. street129

street129 New Member

I really appreciate your input, I just took my regular b complex, B 12 INJECTION, VITAMINS, ZINC, C, ALL AT ONCE, LIKE I always do, and right now I don't like how Im feeling.

Last night I FELT BETTER THAN THIS MORNING. One question, how long is this suppose to go on, if I continue talking the OLIVE leaf EXTRACT. Thanks, my key board keys are sticking.
  6. street129

street129 New Member

I have high blood pressure, and I do have a BP Monitor. I will take my pressure, and hope its not low, and I WILL TAKE SALT if it get low after I check it. Thanks again.
  7. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I'm not sure you should take salt if you have high BP. ... Even if your bp drops a bit with the OLE, be very careful. Some people with hypertension are very salt-sensitive.