Olive Leaf Extract??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JQP, Jun 3, 2003.

1. JQP

JQP New Member

I've just received a lecture on the above being the only thing that works for firbromyalgia! Anyone heard of it, or tried it.

Maybe the assistant was being helpful, but being lectured about my condition and compared against her friends ME that was so miraculously made better by this did not inspire me to want to know more about it.

So if anyone's got any info, would love to hear from you.

JQP
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

do a search on the OLE on the above search message feature. You will find enough info to keep you busy all day.
    Judy
  3. hkb

hkb New Member

My nutritionlist has just prescribed it for me, its used as an antifungal. Before that I was taking Spillanthes which is another good one. Try healthplus, they sell it
  4. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Above the first message on each page, you'll see a search option that reads "Search Messages". Just type in "Olive Leaf Extract" or "OLE" and it should bring up LOADS of messages about this supplement.

I don't know who this "assistant" is, but I sure don't like her attitude! The last thing an FM'er needs is a lecture, eh??

Supplements work for some people and not for others. I've been on OLE for about 6-7 weeks now, but just got up to the proper dose recently, so I'm going to give it some more time. It HAS helped with my sinus problems somewhat, and definitely helped with my irritable bowel symptoms. Most of the pain and cramping is gone, which is a great relief!!

Good luck!
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

You said that the OLE has improved your IBS symptoms???I have a hard time with cramping,diarreah and stomach pain with movements.I'll look into this further~Thanks for mentioning it.I did'nt know it helped for that condition.
    Take care,
    Tracey
  6. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

check out the article Pat Palmer put on here, it firsy was on about 2 weeks ago but has been bumped, so go back a couple of days and you will find it. Complete info, laymen terms VERY VERY helpfull. Pat is using it in a trial at the moment, she using a combination of things for broad spectrum help, check out the post from her re: What blood group are you. she's posting updates to tell how its going, seems ok at the mo.
    Don't be put off by the chemist, it can actually help considerably by some of the posts here.
    Have Fun
    Ciao
  7. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I've never actually been diagnosed with IBS, but from the symptoms I have, it's GOT to be.

It's all pretty recent. All of a sudden I was noticing that when I needed to go, I was almost doubled over with cramping and pain and feeling VERY uncomfortable. Also having to run to the bathroom! Also I was having to go TWICE almost every day. It was unpredictable when the second BM would strike, complete with cramps and usually bloody. I recently cancelled a vacation for several reasons, one of which was my IBS symptoms! That's scary, when it controls your life like that!

Anyway, I've worked my way slowly up to 600 mg twice a day. Well, lo and behold, about 80% of the cramping and pain are gone. I rarely have to go twice a day anymore. I still have some discomfort, but nothing like it was before.

It may be worth trying just for your IBS. And HOPEFULLY it will help with our fatigue, also, eh?????

Take care
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have had CFS/FM for 25 years, and OLE is the most effective treatment I have used...but it has not been a cure for my CFS, although it goes farther than anything else to help with long existing problems..especially, Chronic Sinustis, Migraines, etc.

See my postings on Discussion of Improvement on Olive Leaf Extract and Pat Palmer's article on OLE...It is certainly worth the small investment of money and effort, than much more costly treatments, that have done nothing for me in the past..You may "herx" on it, as it kills bacteria, viruses, funguses and parasites..

At least, you are seeing a health care provider who knows something about your illness..Many still seem to think it is psychosomatic..But lecturing is not a good learning tool..

Hope this helps...[This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]
  9. reva727

reva727 New Member

My husband and I have been taking olive leaf tablets for about a year now. He gets more benefit from them then I do and I'm the one with the fibro. He says they give him more energy than anything else he's taken. I haven't seen much of a benefit in that area. I'm not sure how much good they're doing, but they can't hurt.
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm gonna see what it might do for me~ I have FM,IBS and endo. LOTS of pain over this way!!lol I've heard over and over on the success with the OLE......simply out of curiosity I have to try this!! I've tried alot of stuff that did'nt do anything so it takes me awhile to jump in!!I've read alot of Pats posts on this supplement over the months and never really got interested,well.....I'm interested!! wish me some luck huh??I've been battling these DD for 11 years!I wanna get better before old age kicks in!I've got some partying to do!! jk
    Thanks Donna for the reply:)
    Tracey
  11. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I gave my daughter 18 OLE last October after having CFS 3 years, she`d recently had a bout of Shingles too.(Due to stress)

Within 6 weeks her energy levels improved dramatically, I am on it at present for IBS. It`s brillient for whenever you catch a cold/flu have sore throat or ear infections (common to children) Though i`d recommend a combination of OLE,Echinacea,Black elderberry & Myrrh by Higher Nature for this.

Olive Leaf Extract is a fantastic weapon against all bacterial/viral/fungal/parasitical ailments, I believe those with CFS/FM can have several infestations which OLE should help eradicate. Garlic is as good as OLE, but not everyone likes it.(I have started having this and onions every day if poss) We need the enzymes.

Trouble is, unless you have a full diagnonis of all your ailments ie Mycoplasma, Herpes Hypocoagulation etc. and are under the care of a professional herbalist/nutricionalist, we are just really playing with doses and length of time. These people would know exactly how many to take in what order and for how long. But it costs.
    So I`ve been stumbling around in the dark really. Dawn was diagnosed with Mycoplasma Pneumoniae (bacteria) after a very severe swollen throat in Jan last year.

She has not recovered fully, but her quality of life has really improved, she feels well enough to attend college for more than one subject this Sept, and is just about to take her psychology and sign language exams.

I also believe dietry changes have an important role in recovery, we can`t just rely on OLE & Supplements.

Try eating whatever comes naturally, no processed crap, and to drink amap, - up to two litres a day. - Thought I would drown on this amount...

Tandy, you also need Probiotics, a lack of these and yeast growth are the cause of IBS, Diarrhoea etc... Take them between meals, at maximum dose.

Keep us posted on how you get on and good luck,

Love Pat.
  12. patchwork

patchwork New Member

the only thing I have ever taken that has made a difference. I'm still far from well but I have definitely improved since taking it and think it can help ion some cases...
  13. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

Hello Every1,

I started OLE about a bit more than 1 month ago and got improvement just after some days. My headache and fogginess almost went away and physical condition improved too. I was quite happy and of course continued the treatment.
    However, after about two weeks my symptoms just came back. What can be the reason for this? I am still on OLE, but getting a bit sceptic about it.

Cheers,
    Sunny
  14. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I went to an alternative doctor and he has given me a dietary supplement called "Super Yeast Defenders"

In it is Grapefruit Seed Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Burdock, Artemisia, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Echinacea,

I have been taking it about 3-4 weeks and have noticed a reduction in my sinus headaches.

It has improved my energy very slightly, but today I am having a very bad day (must be the lousy weather
  15. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Your body can build up a tolerance for OLE or any med, so we have been suggesting that you take days off the OLE..according to how it works best for you...

I take 2 days off every seven days..Some may take it every other day, etc. and you can use Oil of Oregano on your days off, as it seems to treat similar symptoms..
  16. lucky

lucky New Member

seems to really help and Plantscaper was the one who was so convinced that it will be helpful for some of us. I am positive since I started taking OLE about 4 weeks ago, I got my walking pneumonia under control (and did not have to see the doctor again....), it takes care of my allergies (I do not take any antihistamines, etc.), and subsequently I have a little more energy.
    After a short time, I went up to 500mg 3x per day, but am slowing off a little, since I am not sure if the irritability at the moment is due to the OLE or something else.
    But, so far....so good, Lucky