Olive leaf extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

I been thinking of taking olive leaf extract. It is very expense so i would like to hear from anybody who has taken it with a result, good or bad before i decide if it is worth paying out for it.

Regards,

Shazzy
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi again Shazzy,

Which brand are you considering? One I used by Solgar wasn`t too bad.
    Check out Pro Healths supplements here, they`re discounted for us.

Tap Olive Leaf Extract in the search box at the top - a load of posts on this will pop up, just browse through and click on the ones that sound interesting - be prepared for a long spell in front of the screen...

Pat.
  3. Hippen

Hippen New Member

Shazzy, like Pat said do a search and see all the prior posts about Olive Leaf Extract. I have taken it off and on for about 8 years and it has helped so very much!!!! I hope that you give it a try. Nature's Bounty costs about 8.00 for 60 tablets. GNC also sells it for buy one get one half during sales. I feel that I would pay any price for this stuff...LOL. Good Luck !!! Hippen
  4. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi...I have been taking ole for several months, and find it very helpful. The first week I didn't feel very well, sort of like getting the flu. Several others on this site reported things like this. Didn't last long and now I think it helps alot. Mary
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

1500mg/day of Valtrex would cost $370 PER MONTH! The same amount of OLE would cost about $20 a month. Of course, I think the dose is supposed to be higher, but I think the dose of Valtrex was supposed to be higher too (but since my doc was giving me samples, who was I to say....).

I think I saw someplace that Tagamet can be used as an antiviral, but it apparently reacts to many different meds....
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2003]
  6. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Hi Shazzy,

Like you, I am considering OLE. I even bought a bottle. I don't recall the brand, but 30 capsules cost almost $19.00. However, after I got home I happened to read here that one should start at 150 mgs/day. The capsules I bought were 500 mgs! So I returned them.

I had stopped my bp med. in preparation for starting the OLE but by the time I got to the health food store my bp had skyrocketed. Since there are no other stores around except Walmart that sell it and I won't be going back to town for some time, I had to go back on the bp Rx. I'm very disappointed, as I'm really looking forward to getting rid of the constant sinus problems, not to mention the IBS.

JoAnn
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Plantscaper's post "Views about OLE from the Trenches" says you should start at 150-200mg of OLE only to reduce the herxing. If you don't mind feeling sick for a few days, you can certainly start at a higher dose.

As for my talking about cost, I'd found one that was $22 for 120 caps.