Olive Leaf Oil - Should it be taken with probiotics?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnysideliving, May 16, 2003.

1. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

Hi,

I believe that I have reactivating virus infection (in tests I had EBV and Mononucleosis).
    So, I want to try <b>natural antibiotics</b> for treating this. I was recommended Olive Leaf Oil. However, I am not sure to take it.
    Should I buy probiotics too and take them at the same time?

Cheers,
    Sunny
    [This Message was Edited on 05/16/2003]
  2. sunnysideliving

Hello Carla-NL,

I guess today I am more blunt than usual. :) Of course I meant Olive-Leaf Oil as antibiotics.
    I was tested with EBV and Mono, but currently the doctor does not do any retest. He is not interested to see if it is active again. (Although, I suggested last time.)

I do take Primose Oil, but usually with food. I will change this.

Thank you again for pointing out my mistakes! Some days are just horrible.

Cheers,
    Sunny
    [This Message was Edited on 05/16/2003]
  3. sunnysideliving

Hello Carla-NL,

I got your correction right, not as offensive. Thanks for it! Since it was in the subject it could mislead the whole thread.

I will add probiotics and vit. (Already taking some.)
    I do eat yoghurt with probiotics (Acidof.+Bifid.), but I might want to try some elimination diet. So, taking prob. separatly from diary makes sense.

Well, if I could find something for this DD...
    Sometimes, I just think it is much wiser than me.
    However, I try to keep up with it. :)

OK, I go back to the Devil Starlanyl book. ;)

Cheers,
    Sunny
  4. sunnysideliving

Hello,

Could some of you suggest some probiotics? I could find many here. However, these are quite different in price and I guess in quality.

What are the guidelines for finding some good one?
    I read somewhere that if it contains over 6 milliard (something) it worth to take.

Sunny
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Jarro-Dophilus sold here is the best one I have ever tried. I have been taking probiotics for years. We should all be taking them regardless of whether we take antibiotics.

Antibiotics are used to kill bacteria and they will kill the good along with the bad. It is my understanding that the olive leaf extract is an antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal supplement.

The probiotics should be taken first thing on an empty stomach. Antibiotics are best taken with meals. Antibiotics will not treat a viral infection, though. Since the OLE does have antiviral properties, it may be effective against the viruses.

I have been drinking the OLE tea made from the tincture. It has not had the same effect as taking the Famvir. I believe that it takes very strong meidcations to reach the infections once they burrow deeply into the body in stealth form.

Love, Mikie
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

.....to Mikie's post about probiotics. STICK WITH THEM! I almost gave up when my doctor put me on them to help heal my food allergies/leaky gut syndrome, and wrote several frantic "HELP" posts here during the first couple of weeks. They made my stomach churn & feel miserable!! I tried them with food, just to see if that helped, & no difference. Tried a different brand---no help. But I stuck with them anyway, and within 2 weeks, that feeling was gone----now I take the full amount of them (my doc prescribed 4x a day for me, at least til my leaky gut stuff improves) with NO side effects, between meals on an empty stomach. Probiotics, & digestive enzymes, I think, are what's helping me the most to heal from years of food allergies.

So, they are worth sticking with even if you initially have side effects----and certainly not everyone does, but I know when I inquired, others had had that same experience, but advised me to tough it out---and I'm glad I did!

Good luck & hope you notice good results!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. sunnysideliving

Thank you all for the answers!
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. :)

Mikie and others, thanks for the information on the timing of OLO and Probiotics. I do miss these information and quite confused when should I take them and with meal or without. Also, if there are restrictions, like not with diary products.

Is there a web page where these can be checked?
    I am a bit lost here in Finland, because of the lack of the language. :( Everything is written in the 4 nordic languages, but not in English.

I do not understand this DD. I reasonably good today! What have I done? :O I guess it will take some more years for me to understand a little bit this DD.

Thanks again!
    Cheers,
    Sunny