Omega 3 oils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jan 2, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have tried fish oil and the fishy taste kills me and increases my acid relux. Is flaxseed oil equal to fish oil?
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I have read that fish oil is closer to what our bodies use, so you need to take less fish oil than flaxseed oil. I take fish oil capsules (2/day) and get my flaxseed via Stormy's Shake. If I take the fish oil caps after I have eaten, I don't get such a bad fishy taste. Still get some fish burps, though. ick.

I'd like to hear what others have to say on this, too.

Katy

3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

There is something out there called Coromega. It's a little packet like the ketchup comes in when you go to McDonald's or Burger King.

It has the Omega 3s and tastes like a little orange pudding mix. It's pretty good.

You can do a search for it.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I buy the "Super Omega Complex" capsules from WalMart. They do NOT taste fishy or increase my acid reflux.

I have taken them for years and have had no problems. There is no "burping" them up or anything.

My mother was told to take the fish oil capsules--the coated type--and that they were supposed to be burpless, etc. But, she too could taste the fishyness of them after 3 or 4 days. She stopped them and went to the Super Omega Complex and had no problems.