OMG!! A Biography response from the AMA!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ForeverFlaring, May 21, 2003.

1. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am in shock! I sent all of our biographies to the American Medical Association for Fibro Awareness Day. I got a response and am truly in shock. It isnt necessarily a huge achievement but an admirable reply.

Here it is:

Ms. Wilson,

Thank you for your recent E-mail to the President of the American Medical Association (AMA) sharing the several stories about individuals with fibromyalgia and the treatment they received. A copy of your message has been
    shared with Dr. Coble.

The AMA's Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA) has issued a number of opinions and guidelines for physicians who strive to practice ethically. This
    outlines in general what the AMA believes to be the ethical basis of interactions and relationships between physicians and patients.

The AMA will continue to fight for the rights of patients.

Office of the President
    American Medical Association
    515 N. State Street
    Chicago, IL 60610
    tel: 312-464-4887
    fax: 312-464-5543

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2003]
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

I think this is wonderful.Some one paying attention .good going. Danisue
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I truly hope that this is something that they really will bring awareness too for our sakes right. Way to go and a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this.
    Take care,
    Joannie
  4. JP

JP New Member

on your part. Thanks for being a voice for our cause. Jan
  5. billiegail

billiegail New Member

Thanks for sending them in.
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

They say that sucess starts with the First step and you have made that, this could be the Start of something Bigger, you just Never know...

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon.......;o]

7. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Just goes to show that we never know until we try...

Well done honey - another light switched on in the dark!

hugs
    Mary x
  8. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

All of us need to pat ourselves on the back. I certainly couldn't have sent these out without your testimonials of how this DD has affected you. I just sincerely hope that this did not fall upon deaf ears.

You guys are awesome!!

Sandy (FF)
  9. tansy

tansy New Member

Made all the work worthwhile.

I have posted quite a few messages trying to highlight that we can do a lot to improve our situation.

I used to be on Action for M. E.s Council of Management. We were a real campaigning force then.

Regionally I managed to improve the situation for most patients with regard to most health professionals and social services employees. It took persistence and help from local experts but it made, and continues to make, a difference to the lives of those who turn to them for help. There's even a good number of GPs taking it all seriously. Just failed as far the local hospital trust is concerned.

Just a letter every now and then keeps these DDs in their minds. Grass roots level can be as effective as central government or medical associations.

Thanks and well done.
    Cheers, Tansy