OMG...Am I on to something here???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Jan 8, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I cannot write too much detail on this cause I am feeling sooooooooooooooo bad...

For those who have been reading my recent posts, I am trying to fight back from this Crohn's/UC thingee that seems to be "killing me"...

Recent replies to my posts and something on the net that caught my eye may have revealed an answer to my problems...

First, fairydust39 told me of her experience with MINOCYCLINE so I researched it...I found a message board with someone sharing that her doc thought her RA came from an intestinal bug she acquired while vacationing in Mexico (I became ill in Mexico, not typical Montezuma's revenge and the docs there would not treat me, I have the same awful symptoms TODAY, feels like you are running out of life)...My "CRAP" began after my honeymoon in Mexico, then one thing after another (see profile, if interested)and it never went away...

NOW, I am on prednisone and azathioprine, nasty dangerous cancer-causing drugs that are not doing anything for me but causing me to feel like I'M DYING!!!

So I research on and on while I can hold my head up and sit long enough and type clearly enough to google things and something brings me to an article that was actually posted here in 2002...WHY I PRESCRIBE ANTIBIOTICS by Gabe Mirkin...

His article was profound...Like he used me as the example in some of his studies...I also love that someone on the board posted that they knew of him in the DC area, that he reads ALL of the journals and gets the info out there so people can help themselves, ya know, like real docs are supposed to do, HELP PEOPLE GET WELL!!!!

Well, I printed this off, my husband read it and agreed that this is the closest we have been to optimistic where my health is concerned...

My previous posts have shown interest in MAP bacteria, mycoplasma, etc...I KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING DOING THIS TO US and I KNOW TOGETHER WE WILL FIND THE ANSWER!!!

I am going to give him a try directly right after I call my gastro to wean me off this crap and give me a script for minocycline...If he won't, he's done!!!

I am sure some of you have tried anti-biotic therapies along with everything else, so if you'd like to share, please do...That is how I started this quest on the subject, from fairydust39...Thankyou Shirley!!! Continued good health to you...

I know I didn't say all I wanted to, it's been a long weekend exhausted more by trying look up 1,000,000 articles and sift thru for the facts that I need BUT I am sure you get what I am trying to convey, we all seem to know what the others mean even with minimal words...

Love and peaceful days to ALL~Alicia PS. Someday, I hope to feel so at peace like I used to when my Daddy gave me my pacifier, that's the reason I use my lil sucky baby in most of my posts, reminds me of how I used to feel when I wasn't sick...
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Know that after I started taking Doxycycline for my chronic mycoplasma infection, my IBS cleared up. I believe that at least some of the IBS is caused by bacteria. Ulcers have responded to ABX as well.

An immune system under constant attack from a chronic infection cannot adequately protect us from cancer. I went to a seminar where we were told that the average person "gets" cancer 200 times a day but that a healthy immune system can kill the cancer cells. Cancer can grow where an immune system is unhealthy. As a group, we are more prone to certain types of cancers. One of them is lymphoma and I can't remember the others.

If we are to heal, it is vital to address our chronic infections which are sucking the life out of us.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie