OMG blood bank in NY fine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Nov 27, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

the news said that there were problems with the blood bank in NY. This is terrible .I worry about these things happening .I'll post more when I hear it all.

Again my doctors have advised me not to donate blood .Just a reminder folks .We do not know enough about these DD to know how we got it so donot take a chance at passing it on.
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

after an oophrectomy, an incision infection and blood transfusion at Maimonidies hospital...After years of symptoms, my docs here in Maine decided that due to a transfusion in NY plus the severity of my symptoms, I should be tested for AIDS...Negative, thankfully, but what else was in there...

I KNOW deep in my soul this was the beginning of it all for me and 13 years later I am a disaster waiting for a cure or waiting to push up my own daisies...Either way I wish I had it to do over again...

Please let us know what they are telling the public, you know it will be hogwash and a coverup anyway...We need a whistle-blower on this one and some really good lawyers to get us the health care we now need and deserve...BAS&$()S!

Sorry, had to add that...
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I had a blood transfusion after I gave birth to one of my children years ago.
    When I was in the hospital a few months ago with stomach problems EVERY Doctor that came in seem to ask if I had ever had a Blood transfusion .They also knew that I have FM/CFS which now has made me wonder if they (THE MEDICAL PROFESSION) is starting to consider ways we could have gotten ill.
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I do not blame the red cross .
    I hold our Government responsible for not speaking up and being more careful about people who donate.
    And people them selfs should be more careful.I have decided not to donate personally even if there is nothing to prove yet that CFS/FM can be transmitted threw blood.

I do appreciate anyone that volunteers and the American Red Cross is one of my favorite organizations. They help our military and families in so many ways .Thank you for your volunteer time.