OMG I am burning so bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jul 18, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

My face, neck, back and arms are burning so bad. It feels like a second degree burn and I am freezing in my 75 degree home.

What can I do to stop this most uncomfortable pain? I really dont know how much longer I can take this.
  2. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi damz68

Does the burning feel like a muscle burn, or like your skin is on fire?

I'm not sure what can help with the muscle burn - I havent found anything yet, but my Dr did tell me that not much can be done for the burning skin feeling.

Having said that, I have read posts on here from people taking Neurontin and that has helped the burning for them (it hasnt helped mine tho, but has helped with facial pain).

When I have a hot burning headache, I use an icepack - its the only thing that gives releif.

Take care
    Michelle
  3. damz68

damz68 New Member

Can you tell me why I have this pain?
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Yes, I've been told this is due to the fibro - essentially the sensitization of our CNS.

The whole CNS is hypersenstive, you are feeling things you shouldnt, getting pain messages from stimuli that shouldnt produce pain and so on.

Its very frustrating, and is currently one of my most bothersome symptoms.

Try a google on "central sensitization fibromyalgia" - you'll find plenty to read about it.

Take care
    Michelle
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Do you feel like you have a bad sunburn on your arms, trunk, neck, face, and ears? Flulike and malaise?

This is how I feel since my relapse July 10th. The doctor put me on famvir for a few days and I herxed really bad.

I get the burning when I am fighting a virus during an acute bout of CFS. The virus is attacking your peripheral nervous system.

See your doctor about putting you on an antiviral. I don't know if it helped me much, but you are definitely flaring.

Patner in misery.

CherylSue

6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

7. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I get it, too! I liken it to being 'dipped in hell'!! It's AWFUL!!

This is basically how I feel every single morning when I wake up. Usually after I take my am meds, it calms down some. If it doesn't, that means I'm in for a major flare.

I use my break-through meds (vicodin) to keep it under control. Swimming also helps. Good luck! PG
  8. tscattaglia

tscattaglia New Member

I know the feeling. My burning starts when my body is on overload and I am nervuos or upset about something. I finally gave in and on Neurontin. It is definately helping! Good Luck
  9. sherrybaer

sherrybaer New Member

I get what I call "hot spots" on my body. They just appear with no warning. It only happens on my feet. They get beet red, swollen, and hurt like the dickens. It's hard to walk sometimes. They usually go away in a couple of days......

sherry
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2006]