omg I am pregnant meds???? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kel589, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kel589

kel589 New Member

I am on lyrica 300 mg,zoloft 100 mg,flexeril 10 mgs,klonapin .5 tramadal 50 mg,fibro malic ,grape seed extract.I am apx 6 weeks any advice please.kel589
    hello well it was a very hard pregnancy, very sick, horrible flare.apx 2 weeks ago I went in for a ultrasound they said the babys heart beat was to slow and to come back in too more weeks for another ultrasound.that was this past thursday.The heart had stoped.they called it a missed misscariage.I went in monday and had a DC surgery to remove everything.I guess the meds could have caused a heart defect ?I was in my 3 month.I guess I have mixed emotions, thanks for all that read this take care kel589[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

and get to your Dr. ASAP. You will probably have to come off some of these and you will have to wean off of them.

God BLess
  3. kel589

kel589 New Member

I guess I was in shock and still worried.I tried to call my ob doc from the past,office was closed.this will be are #5 baby.I hope and pray things will go ok.I didnt have fibro with my others till after my last one was about 12 months.I am not sure how pregnancy and fibro mix?
  4. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

great when I was pregnant cept for the last month I gained 50 lbs and it killed my sciatica. I hope you feel great too I was only on effexdor at the time and had to come off it. It made me wonder if my body loved all the pregnancy hormones mabe I am lacking hormones-Kim
  5. Springfling

Springfling New Member

A new baby is always such a blessing! I would discuss it with both your family doc and Ob. They will let you know what you need to do.

You don't want to go off anything all at once, so wait for doc to wean you off meds.

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated.
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What an exciting time for you. Hope all will go well with you. I had 5 children also but did not have FM at that time. Many here have said that they felt great when they were pregnant for some reason. Hope all will go great for you.

Yes, you may have to wean off some of them. i don;t know much about Lyrica but talk to the doc and or even pharmacist if you cannot get ahold of your doc right away and find out what he wants to do.Talk to your doc as soon as you can.

You will definatly have to wean of the Klonopin. I have been trying to that myself for sleep but haven't gotten to far with it. Down to 3/4 of a pill along with the Flexeril for sleep.

Then do what he thinks is right for you.

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2008]
  7. kel589

kel589 New Member

so far i stoped all meds except half of a klonipin and 1 tenth of my lyrica.withdrawl has been tough,pain ,crying etc.I got a stomache virus this weekend too.I sure need the support and advice,Its nice to know I am not alone.I will update about fibro and pregnancy.sending ((HUGS))
  8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have wondered for years about all of this. Back when I had my children who are now 40 and 42 doctors never worried about all of this and yet my babies and my friends were all born fine.

I had terrible migraines and took meds for them.

9. kel589

kel589 New Member

I gave an update,had problems with posting,sorry e1 kel589
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am so sorry you had to go through this.

Whether it was the meds or not, I do not know but just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and your family.

Did you know that one in every 10 pregnancies are miscarried. Sometimes people do not even realize they are pregnant and just think they are having a heavy period.

So the risks are there either way.

Take care.

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am not sure what to say, what a terrible and scary experience that you had to go through. i am very sorry for your loss. PLease take care of your self.

Gentle hugs
  12. kel589

kel589 New Member

I am doing much better my flare is easing up.I am able to take my meds agian.I am getting my tubes tied too.thanks agian e1,kel589
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

God bless you and your family. I am sure it has been a very sad time for all. I know , my dil and son lost two babies. They have been trying so hard. In the last pregnancy the baby just was not developing as it should and so they had to do a D and C. They were devistated. They have no children and have been trying so hard to conceive. They are now thinking about the fostering to adopt program.

I see you have 4 children. That is wonderful but I know that each pregancy is special even if it was not planned.

Hugs and continued blessings,