omg...i found a doc with fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamer28455, Apr 10, 2007.

1. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

i just made an appointment with dr charles alpert in jenkintown (which is a hike for me!) but he has fibromyalgia!!!! im so excited! its not til the 23rd but who cares right? i may actually have found a doc i can stick with! i am so freakin excited! sorry i just needed to let that out!! btw the zanaflex i am on is not helping...a little bit to relax but no pain relief and i think my body needs it after a week on it..if i dont take it after 4 hours i start to get a headache and shaky.. ok gotta get back to work...<3 Rachel
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam anxious to see how your visit with this Dr goes!

PLEASE post to us when you go.......I hope that he is supportive....and helps you to gain a better quality of your life!

I am happy with you ;)

Hugs
    Doxy
  3. craziC

craziC New Member

I hope this new dr is able to help you! My doctor also suffers from FM (Dr. Mark Pellegrino). He's wonderful!! I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you, remember to give an update after your appt. Good luck!
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

I hope he is all you are hoping for...and MORE!!

Wish I could find one with CFS. It's so hard explaining some of our weird symptoms to someone who can't possibly understand.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  5. maryl

maryl New Member

Rachel, I am so happy for you! Will look forward to hearing about your appt. Mary
  6. coolma

coolma New Member

It would be really helpful when we find a good doctor, or one that has FM to perhaps post their name and location. I wonder if there could be a "board" set up for us with fibro to access good doctors?????
    GOod luck with your doctor and hope you get the help you so deserve!
  7. GREAT! So at least he should know how we feel. PLEASE let us know how it goes and what he recommends.
  8. Engel

Engel New Member

I am soooooooooo happy for you.
  9. ephemera

ephemera New Member

bumping for hope during appointment with new PA doc
  10. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

Racheal, I am very happy for you, I am sorry the doc has FM but its wonderful that he will be able to really relate to what you are dealing with, like some one else mentioned, let us know how the visit comes out! :)
  11. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

Thanks for the replies...ya know just knowing that i have this appt has made me feel a little better. hope is its own medication. i saw a post asking for the name...it is dr charles alpert, abington pain medicine, board certified physiatrist. i will definatly let you all know how my visit goes..its not til the 23rd of april. im actually not feeling too bad today besides my leg feeling like its going to explode, not too bad. surprising because usually on my b-day (which is today) i am sick. lol. <3 Rachel
  12. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Rachel!!
    I sure hope you get some good help with this new doctor. I know you will let us know..Good for you!
    Ginner
  13. dinkbay

dinkbay New Member

I am so excited for you. I hope this new doc can help you get your fibro under control. It is so great to know that someone is going to be able to finally find some relief. Good Luck!!
    I will be praying for you my friend.

Hugs,
    dinkbay
    xoxoxoxo
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2007]
  14. momof471

momof471 New Member

That's a cause for celebration!!! I hate meeting new doctor's and knowing he knows what your going through, because he has been there, I'm sure is a big comfort! It will be here before you know it!!

God Bless
  15. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

Ginner, thank you for the b-day wishes! my visit will surely be posted here probably right when i get home! lol <3<3
    Dinkbay, thank you for your prayers its good to know others are thinking of me..i love this board everyone is so kind and its like we are a family even though none of us know eachother but we are linked through our illness.<3<3
    Momof471, i am celebrating..inside of course since i cant jump for joy right now lol. i hope the day comes quick...im counting the minutes! <3<3

<3 Rachel