OMG! I slept through the whole week!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alyssa-Admin, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Rip Van Winkle signing in, over here in Scotland. Apologies for not being on almost all week...I crashed. Big stylee. Not sure if I just didn't pace myself (I am not good at that...I try to get everything done so I KNOW it is done...then crash...if I sit down or take a break, it eats away at me that I need xyz I just push through! Bad, I know...but that's just me!).

FM + CFS + OCD (for cleaning) = a very bad combination!

Hope you are well.

What is everyone up to for the weekend? I think ours is going to be sleep, sleep, a movie on Netflix with a 'picnic' in bed and sleep some more....Hubby is busy working on a ProHealth surprise for all of you!

The barometric pressure up here in Scotland has taken a nose dive and it seems most of my Fibro/CFS friends have also been struggling with bad headaches (check), exhaustion/fatigue (check) and bizarrely, swollen areas of the body -hands, knees...Doctor told my friend that it's a virus.

Always hard to tell though!

Hope you all have a great, pain free weekend.

Be well.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Alyssa, I suspect if you crashed, it was because you needed to. Too bad
    rest doesn't restore us the way it does healthy folks.

Yes, "abscess" is a tricky word to spell. Which reminds me, my sister had nice abs. Sis
    did lots of sit ups. So how are thing in Scozia? Did you know Donizetti wrote an opera
    about Maria Stuarda? Beverly Sills used to sing it.

Hope the weather and your condition improve pronto. Hugs
  3. Alyssa-Admin

Hello there!

Check this out...perhaps maybe this is one of the reasons so many of us have been feeling 'things'.

I think I will probably be on my own outside, with the chiminea going, trying to see what I can later. (That or I will fall asleep and rely on other people's pictures.)

Been reading a lot about California and the drought...and what is left is apparently contaminated. I have to ask you, what is everyone doing to prepare?

Dave and I were seriously considering movin to CA. But this scares me way too much to even consider. My hubby, bless his cotton socks, doesn't seem to take in the full extent as to what 'NO WATER' means.

So, the hunt continues for a place to live... with sun sand and sea. And I don't think Florida is on the cards either.

Yep, just been completely knackered - still am. Using my SAD lamp throughout the day in the hopes that it perks me up! :)

Hope all is well with the two of you!

Have a great weekend.

4. Alyssa-Admin

Ps.. Ecosse is the usual... Wet, gales up to 70mph...

I'm curious... What are your thoughts on the water situation in CA? My husband doesn't seem to grasp the scale of how this is going to hit not only CA but all over with lack of produce. I remember around 35 yrs ago there was a bad year there and romaine lettuce (the only lettuce Flash the Guinea pig would eat skyrocketed to 3 dollars a head!).

Dave still is interested in moving there... But this water situation freaks me out!

Over and out from the land of shortbread, haggis and Torrential rain and wind.

A. X