OMG! I'm Addicted To Pinterest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw soooo many clever projects in just one sitting. Of course, I saw a ton of things I wouldn't have in my home but then, we don't all have the same taste. That would be boring.

One great idea is to take a wide board the length of one's sofa, stain it and attach it to the wall behind the sofa with L brackets. They had two slender rectangular lamps and dodads on it. Ooh, ooh, I'm a crafter and am soooo excited. It's not like I don't already have projects waiting for me to clean this messy condo first.

Take a look at it but be forewarned--it is addictive!

Love, Mikie
  2. jole

jole Member

I don't get on for hours at a time now, but sure did when my DD got me started. There's definitely something for everyone! I have some good recipes from there, not to mention scrapbooking ideas and craft ideas. Lots of cute sayings also.

There are so many projects I'd love to do, if I were 10 years younger (and feeling better then). *sigh*
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A cook and a housekeeper so I have time for crafts and decorating. So many projects, so little time and so little energy :( Oh well, it gives me incentive to try to feel better.

Love, Mikie

LEFTYGG Member

I was on it for hrs at first. I wanted to tell everyone but I thought it was against rules. I've made several things. The magnetic makeup tray a diaper motorcycle and a holer for phone out of a bottle. I've made several receipes.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Martha Stewart on Steroids!

Love, Mikie
  6. Toga

Toga Member

I think this is the site my 25 year old granddaughter is always talking about. She sometimes texts me pictures of ideas. She knows I like crafting and decorating also. She's more like me then any of the other grandkids so far.

I'm going to really check it out. Mikie, like you I don't have enough energy for all the things I want to do. Now days there are so many more sources for ideas then when I was in my prime.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My decor isn't country but I like things that are less formal. My fabrics are mostly cotton and my furniture is antique or destressed. It's not shabby chic. It's more Nate Berkus like but not as colorful, more neutral with punches of color. Pinterest is full of projects which fit in with my taste. I saw a little Ball canning jar painted brown with a few sprigs of dried weeds and a little star on a stick in it. It would look great in here. I also saw some cans with twine wrapped around and around and glued to them. They are beautiful. I just got a cat scratching post which is sisal wrapped around and around on a cone. It's perfect except that the cats prefer to sharpen their clawn on my welcome mat. Go figure :)

Love, Mikie
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I actually saw it for the first time yesterday when DDIL came over with DS and was showing me stuff she got from their site and how she wants to fix up their house. I have to go check it out myself just to see. She had good stuff on her CP of waht she wants to do. Pretty cool !

Need to go check it out and finish or try to finish my bible lesson.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The prints you can make using the top of a foam food box? They had used orangy red and did an adorabe cat. You just make your design with a ballpoint pen on the foam, roll some paint on with a dry roller so the paint doesn't get into the ballpoint design and press it on paper or fabric. I think I'll try it for a tee shirt. The search feature works well for something you saw and need to find again. Thank God because there is sooooo much on there.

Love, Mikie