OMG, My SS Disability went through!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LuvQuilting, Feb 1, 2009.

1. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

What a battle this has been and I burst into tears when I found out. It was March of 06 when I first applied. I was turned down twice and hired a lawyer. I was on the waiting list for a hearing before a judge and I just got notice in Jan. that it was approved without a hearing!! I'm so happy and relieved to finally have it over.

So, don't give up if you are waiting. It's a ton of work but I was determined. I don't just have FM though so it helps to have more I think. I have peripheral neuropathy, carpal tunnel, a voice disorder and a ruptured disk in my back.

Good luck to all of you trying; I honestly didn't think it would happen.
  2. emmally

emmally New Member

Thats great!! Did you have any labwork that showed any active viruses (ebv, lyme, hhv6, etc..,)to support your CFS. I am waiting right now to hear about my application.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2009]
  3. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I did have bloodwork that showed questionable lyme but not sure if it was submitted for review since that happened later.
  4. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I was so grateful to my attorney although between all my hard work, the doctors and my lawyer, I 'm not quite sure who all did what except for my end.

Thanks for the tip on the banking and I think we're going to use the retroactive pay to finally get our back porch rebuilt which is leaking terribly. The monthly payments are going to pay off the house quicker. We're going to pretend like it doesn' exist.
  5. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Congrats!!! I just won my case a few weeks ago, what a relief!!

When will your review be???

Mine is 5-7 years, I hope I can just stay on it, I also have neuropathy, and nerve damage in my neck, and a very positive Lyme test.

Again, congrats, Sandie
  6. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Mine is feb 18 for the second time..........

glad you got yours..!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. hensue

hensue New Member

Do you mine me asking what state you live in?
  8. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I live in Ohio and we are so backed up here with cases, so I hear.

I'm not sure when my review will be; I haven't heard yet.
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am so happy for is good news for all of us to hear when someone takes notice of chronic pain.

Boy, what a relief you must feel!
  10. loto

loto Member

congrats!!! i'm happy for you

11. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

Thanks everyone and I hope all of you who have applied will have the same results especially those who are having very hard financial times.
  12. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I bet this feels like an incredible weight has lifted from your shoulders.

I have a friend in Indiana who is going to apply for disability. However, they are also very backed up.

I thought there were suppose to be more judges appointed to help this backlog. Would that be state of federal?

Again, congratulations.

13. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I believe that's done through the state and ours just appointed a couple more which must have helped.
  14. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

So happy for you , I received mine last year after a very long wait,so know what a stress it can be on you. Try to do something nice for yourself....relax now,you deserve it! Again congratulations!!!