Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I just got a phone call from the Allsup Attorney saying the Judge is ready to approve my case BEFORE the hearing that is set on August 18th...BUT just wanted some clarification on my income from the year I applied! We sent him my W-2 so he will let me know within a week......

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited even though its still not official. When I do get the official will hear the scream from me way down in Florida!

2. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I was approved just before my scheduled hearing, also.
    I'm in SE Florida too.
    I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

My Judge is Robert Gill??? Did you have him? The Atty said this judge goes back and forth before the final ruling. ...a nick picker on details. But hopefully what we sent will be good enough.
  4. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

I am so happy to hear of your good news. I applied for SSDI in Oct. 2005 and was approved after my hearing Aug. 2007. After my hearing, my Allsup representative looked at me and said "We got it." I asked him how he knew and he said he could always tell by the questions the judge asked me, the fact that we didn't get that woman judge who nearly never approves anyone and bcz the occupational person couldn't list one single job that I could work at. And he was right, got approval 2 weeks later, then first back check 2 weeks after that.

Whoopee. LOL, I was so nervous when the letter came, I had my son read it to me.

Again, congratulations and enjoy the bounty to come, lol.

5. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I never asked who the judge was.
    It must have been in the West Palm area.

Just before the hearing I started bombarding them with tons of documentation, doctor's reports, prescriptions, many details.
    I don't know if that made the difference or not.
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

JMQ - This is news to me. I didnt know ANYONE who got approved BEFORE the case hearing. Good to know!!

I may be applying soon - very soon.
  7. DavidJ.

DavidJ. New Member

congrats to you. what does ssdi mean? does the government pay you the income you had before you got sick? its pretty complicated here in germany , i dont know about america...