OMG! Sheer Panic!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jul 15, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

Ok, I am trying to remain calm, but it is very hard. My son has been talking about having 'shocking' pains for a while now. He has also been very tired and talking about hurting. He jsut looked at me and said 'mom, do you ever get pains that feel like someone is stabbing or shocking you all over?' I asked a bunch of questions and he says the pain is sometimes all over and other times it is just in one place and a 'shooting' pain. I didn't think much of it before, because I just thought he was growing again, but the way he described it I am very concerned.

Here is my question for you, should I be freaking out? He has a physical scheduled for next month. I experienced shooting stabbing pains all over my body for the few years prior to being hit really hard with the fibro.

BTW, I am not a hypocondriack, everything is just hitting at once and I would be devastated if my son had this DD too!
  2. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have blocked out most of my childhood so I don't remember ever feeling like he described. I remember shin splints and growing pains, but not like he describes. It just scares the poop out of me to think this could be happening to my child.
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

He is 7. I don't think he is faking it. He is very strict about our 'no lying' rule. But, anything is possible. I'm going to talk to him later today.

Thanks for a different perspective
  4. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Don't freak out, but do keep a check on him.

I know how you feel, my daughter, who is also 7 by the way, is always complaining of aches and pains that do not seem normal for a 7 year old, and sound a lot like what I experience every day. She also has terrible problems with yeast and eczema, so I know her immune system is compromised. My mom has FM and my grandmother had it, so I know there is a high probability of my daughter having it.

But freaking out won't help them or you, it will only make things worse. Calm down, pray, and take your son to the doctor and get a full checkup.