omg the pain... im so tired

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ToniaDavis, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ToniaDavis

ToniaDavis New Member

going on 14 years now..and just getting worse.. i have a loooong laundry list of diagnosis, such as fybromyalgia..depression, bi polar, social anxiety, nerve damage, even some have said im "faking" :| ... not to mention the shaking from my tremors ive had since birth making things hurt worse.

not sleeping for days or maybe an hour a night sometimes because of the pain.. is NOT faking.

i wake up on the nights i sleep for an hour tops...either screaming or bawling. my hand hurts so bad anymore that i cant breathe most times.it isnt only my hand but my back..shoulders.. head..legs and feet too..but 1 hand...my left one.. hurts so so bad that i cant even begin to explain... it used to be my right hand..but has moved to my left now... its hugely swollen....and its my main focus at the moment.

my insurance is going to be gone soon.. so i know this is it for me.. this is just life for me. i found this sight in hopes for an answer on how i can live with this...maybe a reason..or some glimmer of hope.

i have no energy..wich im sure is seen as lazy. my doc doesnt seem to care.. has kind of just a "mehhh" atitude. i guess he thinks i just want drugs... well yeah!! duh!! of corse i do!.. anything that can numb the pain or hekp me sleep is a plus in my book.. but he wont perscribe me anything .. except for ibuprophan.. im on the search to find a doc that can help b4 time runs out and my ins is gone.

i feel so bad for my hubby n kids.. they help me out so much...im so lucky to have a family that loves me.

sorry for the ranting...but i just woke up bawling...and i just cant take much more.. im so so tired... anyone know a good doc in the kc ks or kc mo area that will help? or maybe someone could offer words of wisdom to help me see the light at the end of the tunnel?

2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

You had to be originally diagnosed with the ailments you said, so it may help to obtain and bring copies of those medical records with you to prove those ailments. It's tough for doctors to debate that you don't have ailments when you have records with tests presented right in front of them. Particularly, with the nerve damage and tremors, the past medical records and various test reports, MRI results, the test report of the needles with electricity through the skin--all those are important to help a doctor to help you with your present treatment. Good luck.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your medical problems.

I know what you mean about a long list of ailments. Maybe under the government's
    new medical program, there will be a quota. (Joke)

You might want to post on some of the other boards here: fibromyalgia and depression,
    for example. The health board is not so active anymore. The fibro board still has
    frequent posters.

You may also want to visit the Chit chat board. It's about the only social life I have
    left. Folks talk about their kids, pets, music, books, jokes, etc.

Best of luck to you

Rock
  4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i would wake up screaming with hand pain. my poor husband would get ice packsand id elevete them. sorta sat up sleeping. then i had nerve test done and had carpal tunnel in both hands.

i had the operation and much better. they still hurt but not like they did.

find pain management dr you need sleep aid and tramadol if its fibro pain.
    hope you get help. love gail
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Tonia,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible.

I can relate.

The symptoms you describe sound alot like you may have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and common related coinfections like Babesia, Bartonella and Ehrlichia (they are often found together)

Many people with diagnoses of fibromyalgia, depression, bipolar disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc have later found that the actual cause of their symptoms is this infection.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize, diagnose or treat this chronic infection. It really requires a Lyme literate MD.

The 3 most common symptoms of lyme are fatigue, pain and cognitive problems (forgetfulness, getting mixed up, etc).

Please read through this booklet which is easy to read.....look at the symptom list....

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

Also look at the symptom list on paages 9-11 of this paper and the coinfection (Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia) symptom info on pages 22-27.....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

One of the important things you should remember is that a negative lyme test DOES NOT rule out lyme...although most Dr's rule out lyme that way all the time, which leaves people suffering and undiagnosed even though they really have lyme.

I also recommend lymenet.org's Medical Questions board and Seeking a Doctor Board. There are tons of people there who were originally diagnosed with FM or CFS or depression,etc, who really have Borreliosis (lyme infection).

Lymenet's board is down temporarily, but hopefully they will be done making upgrades and it will be running any day or hour....so just keep checking.....go to www.lymenet.org.....click on flash discussion.......sign up for free.......click on Medical Questions board.....read posts and post your questions.

If you can find the cause of your symptoms, you will have a chance of recovery.

Good luck to you.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2010]
  6. topazs

topazs Member

All the same except I dont have any hubby n kids. Just alone screaming in pain all day to face another night of torture to wake to another day of torture. Ive had to look for another doc - find another doc. And I just found a lupus support group that gave me a name of an immunologist. There's got to be better ways to manage this. Im toxic, my arteries are blocked, my adrenals are dead, Im so allergic I cant go near anyone or anything. We need a doc whose going to find these things and do something about them. Take down the pain 1 layer at a time.
    I dont believe there's pain for no reason.
    We have to find out why. I had to find out myself I have addisons. I have it so bad Im not making any cortisol. The new doc tells me you die if you have no cortisol. I knew that because I googled it. If I can google it why cant doctors.
    Maybe if we get a good doctor and fix these things 1 at a time we might be able to get this pain down.
  7. topazs

topazs Member

All the same except I dont have any hubby n kids. Just alone screaming in pain all day to face another night of torture to wake to another day of torture. Ive had to look for another doc - find another doc. And I just found a lupus support group that gave me a name of an immunologist. There's got to be better ways to manage this. Im toxic, my arteries are blocked, my adrenals are dead, Im so allergic I cant go near anyone or anything. We need a doc whose going to find these things and do something about them. Take down the pain 1 layer at a time.
    I dont believe there's pain for no reason.
    We have to find out why. I had to find out myself I have addisons. I have it so bad Im not making any cortisol. The new doc tells me you die if you have no cortisol. I knew that because I googled it. If I can google it why cant doctors.
    Maybe if we get a good doctor and fix these things 1 at a time we might be able to get this pain down.
    17 yrs for me