On a good streak

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I don't want to curse it, but I thought it would be nice to rave about my current streak of goodness and not rant about this DD.

The insurance came through on my roof. It seams that my roof patching skills are pretty good as it is holding up. My landscaping projects are coming along well. I put in a short fence today to keep the dogs away from all of the lovely plants I have and will be planting. The puppy dug up a gorgeous strawberry today and was very proud of herself. My front grass is the envy of all of the men in the neighborhood. I just smile and say thank you when they tell me how great it is. Inside my head I am saying "NeNeNe, i'm a single mom with fibro and no turf knowledge. Nenene."

We went for a drive in the mountains yesterday and I saw a complete double rainbow. It was beautiful. I also made it all day, 5am-11pm, without a nap!

I finally got all of my bills caught up and I am headed on a little adult vacay to Vegas! I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle no kid, dogs or cats for the few days I'll be gone, but I am sure I will find a way to cope. ;) I will let my house sitter and his dad take the worry for a couple of days.

I have also been able to go without my pain meds for 48 hours! I'm going to take some here soon b/c I want to get up early and go garage sale-ing, but only having a pain level of 0-4 and not having to nap all the time without the meds has been GREAT!. I did nap today, but it wasn't as long as usual.

I was also able to take all 3 dogs out in public together without incident. We only went to the vet, but with a great dane, st bernard, and shepherd puppy a trip to the vet is an ordeal in and of itself.

It feels so great to be able to have a 'normal' life. I know it isn't going to last, but I am taking advantage of every moment.

soft hugs and well wishes to all
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

That is awesome! There must be something in the air...i had a good day myself. Long overdue. And like you i know it wont last but we take what we can get. I hope you have a great time in vegas! Let us all know how much fun you had!
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

I've been trying to give her ways for months and no one will take her ;) The garden is more dirt and pants in plastic pots right now, but soon......

Thank you.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Always happy to hear when someone feels well.

Funny you should mention actually.... (before yesterday) I had about 2 weeks where I felt so much better. It was noticably better at work. Eves I rested on the couch, but my mood was much improved!
    Hardly needed pain meds AT ALL. For about 7 days, there were some days I needed none, the rest only one dose.

Vegas- I'm jealous!! We go to Vegas a lot - or we did before my husband lost his job. It's a quick and cheap flight for us. We get comped on everything when we go there so it's the best vacation for us and my husband and I have THE best time. I always feel my best there when I go in the summer time. I LOVE the heat. I joke w/my Dr. to write me a prescription for a trip there.
    Husband is working again, so we're hoping to get there for a few days this summer.

I hope you have a wonderful time and have many more good days ahead.

I hope EVERYONE has good days ahead!!!
    They are certainly something we can all celebrate even they are someone else's.
  5. kat211

kat211 New Member

I am feeling a lot of joint pain the past couple of days. I think it is b/c it has been raining and overcast for the past 2 days. Now my entire back yard is mud and the puppy ate 3 of the new plants. Oh well, at least the weather outside prevents my gardening projects so I am forced to rest this weekend.

Oh, and my garage flooded b/c the dogs forced the door open and it rained in there. I was able to salvage most of the stuff that was in boxes and got soaked. It isn't all bad though. It made me realize how much unneeded and unwanted stuff I have and what a pain it is to keep it. We made a gigantic pile of donation stuff. I also have 100's or 1000s of books that I have aquired over the years that I am going to find a library to donate to. They are mainly books from my years in college constantly changing majors or finding new interests.

It is amazing when you realize you have been holding on to all sorts of stuff and it no longer has any meaning or value to you. I can't wait to get it all out of my garage.