on a long road of good health with CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by violarose1, Mar 13, 2006.

1. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

I used to come to this board alot when I was sick sick with CFS. short story- I got spinal menigities in oct 2001 and I had CFS and seizures.

I think the best medicene for me was time, (oh thats a hard one to wait for) , patience- because i would get frustrated i would forget everything), learning how to listen to my body and using those energy envelopes. baths for the pain, my girls laughter for cheer.

I cant say I am completly healthy, and that there is a cure and I have found it, theres bad days too, when I did too much and I can still get into a seizure cycle, or CFS, but and i am not sure if i ever will be able to do a fulls day of what i used to beable to do, but I am grateful to the point i am.

and i remember and still know the sick days where the day seemed to last so long and you would wonder if it will ever end, dont give up hope. you live for the good days. (()) stay strong, i am sorry you are going thru this, i know the most precious gift is health, i hope you all have it soon. (()))
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that you are to the point where your CFS is more manageable. I also love your pic...your twins are so cute! I have twin boys that are 10 (almost 11) but no pic in my bio...sorry! Take care and write about what you do for your health. Love, Terri
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm so glad you are feeling better. You story sounds like a particular painful one .... How wonderful that the "good days" are ahead in the tally.

I think it was great that you posted an "up-date" and let people know that better days are possible. Even time someone posts about remission or near remission it gives everyone else the courage to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I try to do the same .... am feeling much better and up to about 85-90% speed. Don't know as I will top the rest of the hill since there is no known cure .... I still have recovery days but they come after what I would call "legitimate" reasons .... a normal may rest, read a book ... so will I except I'll be sore and need a nap too!

I can live with that. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, glad you are doing better, thrilled with the positive thoughts that come through in your writings and appreciate the encouragement you are affording others just by posting.

Take care,

Elsa

PS What beautiful children you have!