On abx for Myco...huge lymph nodes in one arm pit..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kyra07, May 22, 2008.

1. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

Hi all,

Was doing well until I had to coordinate a manmouth move a month ago, but not the worst crash I've had. Had blood drawn again at 6 mnth point and there wasn't much improvement to speak of. I'm being treated again for Myco, since my titers are still really high (EVB and HV6 are still high as well).

Right after starting the doxy, I came down with intense chest pain and cough (like I did last time), but that subsided after a week. I don't feel good, but am noticing a slight improvement at the end of week 2 of abx. But I now have REALLY swollen lymph nodes in 1 arm pit where I can't put my arm down. Mine are usually swollen but not like this. And I think it is too high up to be cysts in the breasts and I don't do that much anymore since I went off of bcp. Some moments are worse than others, but man do they hurt like a $*#& and is huge!!

Does this mean I'm kicking myco butt? Is it making the EBV or HV6 worse in my "weakened" abx state? Or is this asymetrical swelling something to be concerned about? Anyone have had this problem as well?

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This isn't something to be guessing about. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

Done! Contacted doc and waiting for reply!

Thanks for your reply!

4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi I was just reading your old post wondering what the Doc told you? Are you feeling bettera and is the swelling gone?

I have lymph congestion issues too so just wanted to give you support on this.

5. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

hi! He told me it was a herx reaction. It did begin improving when I saw the doc. He said that was excellent news. I kept improving and am now feeling better than I have in years. Each round of abx significantly improves my overall health. They are slightly swollen now, as I am keeping crazy hours, but functioning at 85% thankgoodness.

How are you hanging in there?
  6. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

what antibiotic are you on for myco?
  7. Chootik

Chootik New Member

So I guess Doxy is helping! I would also do the Immune Boosting just to make sure your Immune System is strong enought to handle the bugs..

8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

So I guess Doxy is helping! I would also do the Immune Boosting just to make sure your Immune System is strong enought to handle the bugs..

9. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

I was on Doxy for the myco, mostly. I was amazed on how much it helped. Was it myco or chronic lyme, I wonder, since I seemed to have recovered a whole lot since the abx(well, FMS has gotten worse, but is now under control mostly with meds). Here's what they put me on...

Round 1: 2 weeks Doxy, 2 weeks Biaxin, 4 weeks Doxy (December '07)
    Note: I got so sick on the doxy the first 2 weeks, I developed fluid in the lungs/chest pain/awful cough/swollen lymph nodes/low grade fever, etc. Dr E put me on the Doxy. My GP changed me to Biaxin (he's a pulmonologist) because I worsened. Dr E put me back on Doxy when I was done with the Biaxin. Felt much improved by the end, but blood work stayed the same, if not worse.

Round 2: 4 weeks of Doxy (April '08)
    Note: Herxed like mad, then improved drastically. No more swollen glands, low grade fevers, etc (unless I forget to take my acid reflux meds for LPRD). Energy is pretty good. I can exercise (can now push myself at power yoga, spinning, etc) again, but I won't do more than 3 (rare occasion 4, if classes are very gentle) days a week as I don't think my body can handle it. A year ago, going for a 20 minute walk would wear me out!

Immune Boost:
    THANKS FOR THE REMINDER! :) I don't want to backslide!!

Hope this is useful to someone. Hang in there all! Never give up and never stop asking questions (and finding another doctor if you doctor won't answer yours!).