On bad days or flarelike days- Swollen Face

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jul 7, 2009.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Hey all-

Was just wondering how many might have the same symptom as I do when upon wakening and not feeling good, u look in the mirror and feel pressure against your face and your face is all swollen, esp. around the eye areas. People even make comments to me about my face being swollen.

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2009]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Have you talked to your doctor about this? This doesn't sound like CFS or FM.
  3. znewby

znewby Member

Isn't puffiness under the eyes a symptom of hypothyroidism?
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I actually went to the dentist today because I was worried that the swelling was from a tooth infection and they said no. They said it's something else. I do have Hashimoto's, but I don't know if that's the cause. But I've definitely got it and been noticing it around the eyes lately.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I know you get what they call moon face when you have lupus, but I have been tested for that. I do have hypothyroid problems. My fiance also gets this facial swelling along with a lot of other ppl I know with fibro. It seems to be worse when we dont feel good or are in a flare.

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2009]
  6. redwing074

redwing074 New Member

i quite often have the puffy face when waking and not feeling well. I do have Hashimoto's and have tested positive for Lupus. With the Lupus they tell me that since it isn't effecting any organ systems i am negative for it. Apparently they don't take into account the effect it has on my skin.
  7. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile and like other poster thought it was dental related.

so add me too
  8. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i get mild facial swelling when things are bad...oh, my fingers, too!
  9. shachar

shachar New Member

i get mild facial swelling too when i feel bad, esp. around my eyes and eyelids.

maybe to do with something you have eaten and are allergic to?

but generally when tired i seem to keep a lot of fluid. once i have rested (this can take up to several days in bed) and feel better, the swelling disappears.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

That I have epstein barr virus and it can cause puffy eyes (swelling under the eyes) and hands also. So between my thyroid problem and EBV plus fibro. this may be why I swell from time to time.