ON BUILDING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Dear Jelly, MIkie, Maddog or anyone that has experience...Once you have started the ABX and the heparin, what do you use to begin building the immune system, besides the following: Probiotics (to keep candida under control), Undenatured whey protein, hopefully without arginine, and Coral Calcium, Flax and evening primrose oil, and checking the PH level and making diet changes? What other areas need attention?
  2. asmom15

asmom15 New Member

Hi,

My experience with vitamins and supplements came on my own. With no help from the many doctors I saw, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Tired of being tired, depressed and sick, I joined the vitamin shoppe and began getting my hands on all kinds of info and health books. My favorite book is called Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Pyllis A. Balch, cnc and James F. Balch, M.D. This book is a reference to drug free remedies using vitamins, minerals, herbs and food supplements. I started a program in August of 2002. I take things for depression, anxiety, Fibromyalgia, headaches and fatigue. It has helped me greatly. This book is good for the whole family and helps with many other illnesses and conditions.

Check it out.

asmom15
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have an appointment with my doc in early March and I have sent her two of the articles explaining the Mycoplasma and Immune Shifter/Hypercoagulation concepts, but I want to be armed with as much info as possible..I like to be prepared.. This Ph article has been very interesting, but I tend to get migraines if I read on the computer too long and it's happening too frequently for my reserves of meds to treat it (Imitrex if $13-15/pill). All of your suggestions are greatly appreciated...did you say that most articles come from the RBF? I sure did not know that Flax would affect the mycoplasma to the negative... My mother has decided to wait to see how I do on the ABX, first, and we haven't been able to find a RBF doc near her location.. Well, it looks like that water is the only safe thing to drink.. Is there anything wrong with herbal, green and regular tea? The manufacturer of the Whey Protein, called Ultimate LoCarb Whey Powder, sweared that their's did not have arginine..but it seems that you are indicating that all amino acid powders would contain it..Did Dr. Nicholson ever get back to you on that matter? YOu would think that these docs would be more careful in their recommmendations, especially, when it conflicts directly with their theories.. I have Prescription for Nutrional Healing, but have not put it to as good a use as ASMOM, apparently...but I have found, too, that I am allergic to a lot of herbs, and My reaction of extreme, intense and 24 hour itching is not a pleasant experience.... Take care and to good health in the future.....AMELIA
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In addition to the whey, I take the colostrum. It is supposed to really help the immune system.

Love, Mikie