??? On CD57 and New Lyme Test

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by HppeandMe, Jul 7, 2007.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi there,

I went to the FFC a couple of years ago before I knew I had Lyme. They did run that test but at that time they said the only way to find out if you have Lyme is with a Lyme test and they sent me to Quest Diagnostics for the Lyme test. What are your numbers for the CD57 need to be for them to say you have Lyme.

Also what is this new test I hear about that is supposed to be even better than Igenex? I also understand that the insurance companies will pay for the new one as well. Has anyone taken this test and what were your results. I'm curious.

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

The new lab is Central Florida Research. Read Grace54 post below, he had this test done. I'm not sure that it's better than Igenex. I dont' know enough about it yet. The noew test looks for the antigen, not the antibody. It still misses a lot of lyme I've heard. Those lyme bugs like to hide in our bodies and it's just too hard to get a positive blood test.

I get my CD57 thru Quest. My number was initially 6 and is now up to 14 which made my dr very happy. He wants me to be higher than 20.

There are other labs that do this test but use a higher number range. Not sure which lab you are using.

Many FFC don't understand how to diagnose or treat lyme. Some are much better than others. I left FFC because they failed to diagnose my lyme disease after spending tons of time and money there. I was sicker when I left than before I started.

3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Molly,

I had my CD57 done at Quest as well. So if it is below 20 it shows that you have Lyme? And the lower your number is the worse off you are?

I'm sorry, but I just want to understand because I want to get my number from when I went there.

Thanks!!
    Hope
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

If you have a low number it indicates lyme. My doctor uses this test to determine progress of my treatment. Most of his patients range between 1 and 6 on initial tests.

Good luck!
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks for your help Molly!