on day 5 of quitting smoking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loops1988, Apr 30, 2006.

1. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

i cant believe how much better i feel. all my fms symptoms are the same and i still hurt badly and i have just been diagnosed with IBS but i feel so much better in myself which is better because if im happy my fms is not too bad and i have fewer bad days and more good days!!

just so proud of myself wanted to tell everyone~!!!!

I have been quit for 4 Days, 13 hours, 23 minutes and 27 seconds (4 days). I have saved £21.64 by not smoking 91 cigarettes. I have saved 7 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 26/04/2006 22:44
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Loops:
    Congratulations! When I quit I was told that in five days your body is completely free of nicotine. Yes, that is good, but the cravings might come back: so just be aware of that.

I really do mean this sincerely: a warm congratualtions and if I can be of any help (moral support) you can count on me.

NyroFan
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i have been fag free for a fair few years now - stopped counting. never looked back :) keep at it
  4. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

all though i am on my 6th day i am using patches so i suppose im not nictene free yet but im feeling fine and i will contnue on the patches untill i complete the advised course.

Louise

I have been quit for 5 Days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 51 seconds (5 days). I have saved £27.34 by not smoking 115 cigarettes. I have saved 9 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 26/04/2006 22:44
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

GREAT!!! Keep up the good work! I quit this month, 5 years ago, and never started again.....Love It!

Pretty soon, you won't even think about it, at least I don't.

Good Luck,

BlueSky555
  6. ulala

ulala New Member

I quit for the last time on Feb. 03, 1992. That's 14 years and three months ago. I had the worst time quitting. My fnal straw was when I went for a chest X-ray for an upcoming surgery and they saw a shhadow on my X-ray. I had to wait for the actual results until over the weekend. It turned out to be a nipple shadow but it scared me enough that I have never had a cigarette since.

I felt so stupid that I had put myself in a position of getting cancer. It's one thing if something out of your control happens to you but when you do it to yourself then you have to take responsibility!

Don't give up, the craving only last 15 seconds, although there may be two seconds in between a craving they do get further and further apart and you will succeed!!
    Great work!!
  7. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

i am on day 13 now and i am still feeling brillant nothing has changed with the fms and ibs but i feel better in myself.

Louise

I have been quit for 1 Week, 5 Days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 42 seconds (12 days). I have saved £60.70 by not smoking 255 cigarettes. I have saved 21 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 26/04/2006 22:44
  8. CCBloom

CCBloom New Member

I have been smoke free for about mmmm 5 weeks or so, I can't remember. I tried quitting on Christmas...started cheating...even on the patch...got really bad...then had to go to the hospital. The ambulance driver wouldn't let me have a cig before I left or before I got into the hosp. and the hospital would not take me outside to have one, so I went cold turkey! I'll show them! Joke was on me....I ended up quitting....so far....and don't want one. I found it easier than with the patch or the gum.
    Keep up the good work! You can do it!
    CCBloom
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself, your family and the people in your life. Congratulations.
    Keep the Quit!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I don't remember the date, but I think it was in June. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but well worth it in the end.

I think it was a year before I stopped wanting a cigarette, and to this day I tell folks that if I live to be 90 years old, I will smoke again.

I've missed it terribly, but have not regretted quitting at all.

The hardest part for me was that a cigarette was my reward for doing anything. Once I quit smoking, I couldn't have a cigarette for a reward and there was a great empty feeling in my stomach that finally went away.