On Fentenyl patch, traveling out of country?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

My daughter told me she is going to Equador with her inlaws and husband. She is on the Fentenyl patch and morphine for breakthrough pain. She has severe FM pain and works full time. She is on the lowest dose of both she can stand and is just getting by as it is.

I am very concerned for her going anyway to a country out of the U.S. right now, and we aren't especially beloved in South
    America either. But this has me worried that she could end up with problems.

I've researched the area and tourists have been being "robbed, beaten and raped", an American nurse is missing there now and one site said terrorists are attempting to get into the drug trade there. Tourists are advised not to go out after dark..or on the roadways out of the city.

They will be visiting some older relative of her husband's dad, but I'm sure they will want to see the "sights". I am just so worried and it's not helping my FM much. Anyone else gone out of country and using pain medications?
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow, it depends what country really or I should say what part of the country. If she is forewarned this is good.
    I would not go myself, but there agaoin, one can get robbed right in one's own street these days.

I am interested in the Fentynel patch though.

I just had a surgical procdure and they used fentynel in the IV and it cleared my dreadful week long migraine up and my Fm a lot. I understand too it can be had as a lollipop on an as needed nasis.

Do you know anything else about this. I realise I am imposing a bit here, but I had never heard of this patch before and now you mention it.

I will pray for your daughter and her safety too.

Love Anne C