On & Off Topic. Where is Rileyearl?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Rileyearl, are you lurking around out there?

Did I miss something? I know you said you had a sleep study at the end of the month, but they don't usually take THIS long ;)

I hope everything is okay. For both you and your loved ones. Gettin' a little worried about you!

~Amanda
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Still looking for you!

Becoming less curious and more worried.

~Amanda

3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I feel so rich to call you my friends!

I am doing fine. Had a spell with lots of pain and, as some of you know, I run a little internet retail business out of my home, so am swamped with package wrapping and fielding emails. That's a good thing!

I had to stop visiting here for awhile because I was unable to resist reading everything everytime and replying to many. My days were full of ideas and possibilities from your posts, but I wasn't getting anything done around here. What a great message board!

Hope you are good, too! I had to stop the Metformin because the taste was always there. No magic pill for me. If only a few of the 30 or so pills I take a day were magical potions...dream on! I'm just grateful they still make clothes in my size. Found a great pair of flannel pajamas with sock monkeys all over them at Target.

The sleep study went fine. In fact I slept better than at home, even with all the little doodahs glued in my hair and everywhere. I do have apnea, but it's not severe. I reached rem sleep with and without the mask. My parents both have apnea and they are 76 and 81, so I figure my odds are pretty good without a mask!

I will write an update on the FFC experiences in another post. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Love,

Francie

4. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

While I'm NOT happy to hear about the pain part, I'm definately happy you're doing alright!

It's too bad you had to stop the Metformin. I've now lost very close to 30 lbs and after battling 15 weeks with the wretched side effects, I'm actually up to the 4000mg dosage! I'm still sick every couple of days, but hugging the porcelin has just become part of my daily routine after this long! Unfortunately, in a couple of months I have to increase to 6000mg - and doc made it VERY clear that if I want the weight to come off & STAY off; I'll be on these crap pills for the rest of my life.

Unfortunately I don't have a choice in the matter - without the pills I was exploding. Literally! My weight gain was going up 2-3 lbs per day and within 2 months I had stretch marks on my stomach that were actually splitting. Yuck.

I'm also happy to hear about the sleep study! Glad that you don't need the mask. I can't ever imagine that being comfortable to sleep in.

All in all I'm glad that you're back, and I'm happy to know that you're keeping busy and all is well (as well as it can be? lol)

Take care!

~Amanda