On The Record Decisions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jun 14, 2008.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

How many of you that had been waiting for your AlJ hearing date, received an "on the record" decision and if so, how long did it take you/your attorney to get an answer?

Thank you so much in advance,

2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Good question.I have been wondering myself. Ruthie
  3. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

bumping for more information.. good question
  4. zoey2006

zoey2006 New Member

The first time my lawyer requested this , it took only 2 weeks for the decision. It was turned down. After getting more medical documentation we tried again. This time it took a little over a month from the request. I won. the lawyer called me the same day I got the letter in the mail. I got a call 3 weeks from then saying my check would be in my account in 5 business days. That should be Friday, we will see if it is there. Good luck.
  5. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

6. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I was shocked and delighted, actually in disbelief.

I did not have an attorney.

In actuality, it was the second time I had applied. The furthest I got on the first go around was the application. I could not do the list of doctors or the questionairre. I refiled a year later and was able to complete the entire process. It was 60 days from that application.

[This Message was Edited on 07/18/2008]
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you all so much for your responses. Since I posted this, the "one the record decision" has been denied. Now, I'm getting somewhat worried; should I be?

With all of the medication documentation I had, I received a copy of the letter that was sent asking for the decision, I honestly thought it might happen but it didn't.

I'm happy for all of you that did receive this decision; I know it took a load off.

Again, thank you all,

8. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Hi Bluesky,
    I hope that you don't lose hope. The process is so difficult but we just have to do it one day at a time.

Please read my post in the SS sticky at the top and maybe there is something there that might be missing. There are so many different ways to get to the same point.

Also, don't forget to appeal. and appeal and appeal. Most of the time it takes 2 denials but I don't know what makes the difference.

Please keep trying and don't lose hope.

9. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I was approved... I am wishing the same for you!!!!!
  10. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

My lawyer sent me a letter today seeking to update my medical records. She says the Office Of Disability Adjudication and Review, known as ODAR (formerly the Office of Hearings and Appeals) is not likely to schedule your hearing until sometime in the winter. She wrote however to maximize the opportunity of an early favorable result, I would like to continue to provide ODAR with your current medical records. Then she just says advise me if you have seen any different docs and when my last visits were.

Boy sitting here thinking I would be so happy if I got a decision without going in front of the Judge. Try to think positive but needing it so much and having to wait until winter (although that is coming soon too) I just wish I would have some good luck for once.

I am so glad to hear of all the people who have won lately! That is such great news. I hope I will be one of them soon too.