On your good days do you find yourself making up for the bad ones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMhurts, Mar 10, 2006.

1. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

I at times wake up and feel well enough to get some work done,I actually feel as tho the FM has left me. so I get up and go all day, I get things done I have put off for what seems like for ever. I act as tho I've gone "mad" and run around in circles picking up piles of clothes and shoes and papers.
    I think "wow I'm feeling better if I could just do this for a week I might get caught up.

Then BOOM it hits me like a MAC truck.

I can't get out of bed for days, I'm so sore until I feel like someone beat me with a bat.
    My head hurts, every thing includeing my skin hurts. and I lay there thinking I thought I was well,
    Why did I do this to myself?
    I get mad at myself , and think was what I did worth this?

I can't even talk on the phone, I'm depressed because the pain came with a vingence .

don't get me wrong on the good days ,that just means I can get up, I'm still hurting but the pain is at a minumum.

Do you all do this to your selves?
    Or am I the only nut here.

My husband always says don't do it honey your going to be sorry.

He knows all about it, he's watched it happened for years .

Some people say get someone else to do things for you,
    "I think and Who might that be?

I have a husband and two sons here, trust me they can help "but" the important stuff well they can't see.Theyre men!

My soon to be daughter in law said the other day she can't wait to get married to my son and be a princes like me.

She was talking about me being the only girl here.

Princess I'm not, and she will see when she has a my son in her house.
    yeah they respect and love you but boy do they ever make messes.

So I can't afford to hire help, and having my husband and sons do things around the house is like a 3 ring circus.

They skim the surface.

I love them and I'm glad theyre here and they try..
    but on my next good day I'll be up doing it all over again,
    then back to the why did I do this again ?

On the roller coaster ride with FM.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2006]
  2. utvoldeb

utvoldeb New Member

you sound just like me even though im in pain im only makeing my self worse by doing to much. i would rather do house work my self if you know what i mean. my husband helps with chores when he can. he even cooks sometimes, but this weekend were having someone take care of us for a change we rented a cabin for two nights to get away for awhile and relax........... hope you get some well deserved rest. deb
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

It is so common for people with FM, arthritis, or any other kind of chronic and debilitating condition to overdo when feeling good. After all, we want to do all the things we think about doing when we don't feel good. And we are such a driven society, equating what we do to our self worth too much. The trick is to pace yourself, and it is a trick! Since we can't re-do the day again, like some of those movies (Groundhog Day, for example), we can't know if pacing ourselves would extend how long we feel good. But at least it is more possible than overdoing after a period of inactivity. I fall prey to that, too! I think it is another one of those things that people who don't have FM, CFIDS etc. have a hard time understanding. Please don't feel you're alone, though - you're not, you are perfectly normal in that regard!
  4. ckzim

ckzim New Member

I liked how you put it...as if the fibro has left me.
    Cause that's how it really feels. But I know I will pay for it...it took me a couple of years to get that through my head.
    I went into denial I guess. Now that reality has set in..I somedays don't do anything while feeling good, and pace myself, and others...if I have the pain med...I do everything I want..feeling NORMAL is sooo good.
    Now to get that fibro free feeling for more than hours or one day at a time. Wouldn't that be heaven sent?

5. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

thanks for calling the police I sure don't want that truck to hit me again.

Yeah theres one thing about it too, when everyone sees you up and working on those days they think theres nothing wrong with ya, cause they think well if you can do this now whats stopping you from doing things all the time.

Before I got sick I was a workaholic ,I never stopped.I was a 112 lbs. power house.

My house use to never get dirty I worked two jobs took care of my two kids and a disabled husband, plus was pregnant with my third and would even mow the yard while pregnant with a push mower, I had so much energy I didn't stop to rest.
    Then when I became sick my house fell apart, my life unravaled .
    I've gained 80 lbs. over the years.
    I look in the mirror and wonder who is that looking back.

I did realize tho, that a clean house and everything being perfect and in its place wasn't so important.

you change your priorities when your sick.

things that once seemed to be so important become very unimportant.

This might be the only real life long lesson we can learn from this Disease, to stop a smell the roses.

and just to be real, we don't put on false fronts we are who we are. and that in spite of it all is a good thing.

[This Message was Edited on 03/11/2006]
  6. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I thank God all day. I had one 2 wks ago and after my swim class I actually went to walmart, stopped and ate a burger in my car and then went through the drivethru and got a small blizzard. It was a wonderful morning. Then I went home and took my afternoon nap like I do everyday. The life I used to have is gone. It took a yr to finally accept that. I spend my days home alone. My hubby comes home for lunch and then I lay down for most of the afternoon. Now Thursday, I had an appt with my rheumy and I HAD to go to the grocery. By the time I made it to the register, I had long since hit the brick wall. Sweat was running down my face and all of my body. For the 1st time, I had to ask them to put my groceries from the buggy onto the line. I was so embarrassed but they just said sure and did it!! Ive been in bed since until this morning. Still dont feel well but I hate having to stay in bed. But the housework? I sit and look at this dirty house. I try to vacuum and dust once a week and change the sheets and take care of the bath but some weeks that doesnt happen. God Bless

Suzette
  7. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Now it's only a matter of hours before I give out. I don't know if it has to do with how long we have this dd or what. I'm curious. I've been sick for 11 years, 5 of those with CFIDS and the time that I do have energy for things seems to always be decreasing. I use to push and push myself, I wish I wouldn't have, I think I would be better off today.

8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I know I should pace myself, but when I get a really good day I have to use the energy I have.

It just feels good to be able to do normal things again.

love
    Rosie