One for the ladies! :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tallpoppy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. tallpoppy

tallpoppy New Member

I have CFS and generally am sensitive to all sorts of different medications. I wondered what contaceptives that people have used here have had the least impact on their symptoms but at the same time are very effective!

I've previously taken the combined pill and wouldn't want to again as it gave me depression and exacerbated a candida problem. I've never had children so believe IUD's are out?!

Any thoughts/ experiences people have had then I'd be most grateful for! :)

2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I feel I have to..even though I feel a bit embarrassed..LOL :)

Contraceptives do not agree with me so condoms is the way to go (with spermicidal cream if you want to be extra cautious).

I have heard that a contraceptive pill with more progesterone is better though but I'm not up to date with these things anymore.

I take Otuvlan (sp?) to delay my period if I need to for vacations and family visits etc.

Love Bunchy x
  3. tallpoppy

tallpoppy New Member

Sorry to cause you embarassment LOL! :) I went a bit red writing it, but hey, it must be a common problem, surely so thought it might help others too if I 'bit the bullet'!!! :)

Yep, doesn't seem many options does there in reality, so I think I'll go for the condom combo!

Thanks for your input :eek:)

4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Hello poppy.

the best for me was , the Depo Shot... you only get the shot every three months.... some have a slight weight gain, Mine was not bad. and also if you are lucky like I was no Peorids. , this was so nice.. unitl I got older and they said I could not take it any more because of my age and I smoke. I was 45 when i stopped getting it... Now I think I'm mentapausal... I only have to deal with the nasty peorids every three months or even now I think six months since I had one... but anyway I had no side affects to this Depo Shot at all....worth checking into ..

Best of luck . Spirit
  5. tallpoppy

tallpoppy New Member

Thanks for that :eek:) I've since looked into the Depo injection, but I must say I'm not sure that would be the one for me as there does seem quite a list of side effects, and knowing how I tend to be, would probably get most of them unfortunately :(

Wish life was simple sometimes as that would be a great, no hassle option!

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.