One good thing and ond bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Good thing I am having my second editorial printed in our local paper.I wrote about how so much focus in put on certain murder mysterious and missinf people when there are still misplaced children from the hurricanes.There is more to it than that but I don't want to get political on the board.Hope I didn't cross the line.

Bad news...cable was disconnected.Children don't know.But when you gotta pay your mortage,poer bill,food and the very important medication we all need some things just have to go.Carrie is going to be so upset.I am just gonna tell het the cable is broke and we will get it fixed soon.Once tax refund gets here we can get back her animal planet shows.

Gotta roll with the punches don't we.
    If anyone would like an autograph just let me know I'll see if I am not too booked up.Check with my publisit.(sp?) Good thing the news paper has special sheck.LOL!

HUGS<
    Sheila
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I want an autograph!! :) So do you work for a newspaper on a regular basis or are you a free lance writer? Whatever the case, I say "you go girl!"

I am so sorry about your having to lose the cable. And I totally understand trying to decide between the luxuries and the necessities! And it won't be too awfully long before you get a tax return and then it was all be back to normal, right? Well...as normal as our lives get anyway.
    Love to you and again, congratulations on your publication. Pat yourself on the back and bask in your accomplishments!
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Our local paper just lets people write in and if the editor choices your letter it will be published.I just sent mine in yesterday on the internet and they called me first thing this morning.I guess I hit a nerve.

I think we may just get rid of the cable.I have thought about netflex.We don't need to watch so much tv anyway.Not sure how the girls will react.

I will give you the first autograph! LOL!

HUGS,
    Sheila
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

like 15$ a month...i could afford to pay for standard cable and get the animal planet and stuff...but i figure i may as well cut corners...

myso plays vidoe games and he didn't like that fact we didn't have the extra channels but he got used to it after all...

you daughter will get by as well yyo have to do wha tyou havt to survivive...right
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I am thinking about joining netflix when we can.I would rather reant movies anyway.But I have to be honest I will miss my cable news shows,history channel,hgtv,learning channel.....gee I may miss cable more than the girls.
  6. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Yes, I would say that your editorial really impressed them then! So again, congrats and don't forget the little people when you get to be a famous, well-known author.
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Keep plugging away. You never know. About 25 years ago my sister-in-law started writing trashy romance novels.

Now she writes trashy best-sellers and is a millionaire.