One hand colder than the other...what causes it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aghllw, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

When I went for my MRI follow up the other day, my Pain dr. said that there was a temperature difference in my hands. I can feel that my right hand is considerably colder than the left. I see the neurosurgeon on November 7, but am curious. Any ideas? Can herniated discs cause this?

Also, what does anyone know about TOS?? Thoracic Outlet Syndrome? They are looking at that too.

Thanks!

Lisa
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I believe its called "reynauds phenomena"

Dan
  3. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

Will have to do some research on that I guess. Not familiar with it. Does it have anything to do with pinched nerves in the neck or Thoracic area?

Thanks again for the quick response!

Lisa
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

There is alot of info on this. Do you see the search thingy on your upper left? search it there.

Haleycoles stuff is full of info.

Dan
  5. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

ACK that's a real thing? I get that all the damn time, and I thought it was because I spend to much time on the computer. It's a Phenomenon!

I'm going to look it up, thank you for posting, aghllw.
  6. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

You know, it is always something with us. That is the CRAZY part of this dd. Never the same symptoms....from one day to the next. I am soooooo thankful to have found this site. What would be do without each other's knowledge? I don't want to find out!

Thanks for all of the input!!! Let me know what you find and I will do the same.
  7. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

That is one thing I have yet to be diagnosed with. But, symptoms seem to point towards carpel tunnel syndrome. Darn, getting really bummed out today over all this. Pain is bad enough you know...

Have a good one!
  8. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

It's usually my right hand that's cold, too. But It's usually a coldness that is so bitter my fingers feel like they could break.

My knees also get cold and never feel like they "thaw". My feet seem warmer than they used to, but are often red and fat-looking.

I don't know what any of this means, but one website said that there's testing available for reynaud's
  9. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

My right hand and up to my elbow...the rheumy said it was a nerve being pinched in the shoulder area and to try to stretch the area out with exercise. SOmetimes that helps sometimes it doesn't, but it is always worse when I am on the computer than any other time.

Try to do shoulder rolls, forward then back and get up from the computer and just walk around holding your shoulders back.

Good luck.
  10. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

That does make sense to me. It feels like it is coming from my shoulders most of the time. And, I am an Exec Assistant, so am always on the computer!

Thanks for the suggestions and have a great day!

Lisa