One health problem after another

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imfinetoo, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

It seems that I am never feeling better. If my fibro is better, then something else is wrong. I feel like I am always going to the dr. or having tests. Even my husband, who is very supportive, told me I had to get a new hobby and quit going to the dr. After being in severe pain from my fibro and a pinched nerve in my back since April, tomorrow I am having a colonoscopy for problems in that area. I even asked my dr. if I was a hypochonriac. He said no, but sometimes I wonder. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you cope with it? Help!!!
  2. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I think that fibro/cfs is part of all of it. Back.....colon....I have a non functioning large intestine due to central nervous system complications of fibro...and I have had several colonoscopies.....polyps...and how to cope...I am not there yet so sorry......SOB
  3. Mgoblue201

Mgoblue201 New Member

I've had a colonoscopy, and if it's anything like me than they won't find anything. Coping really isn't the difficult thing. To me you just...go on living. There isn't really any special formula. It's a very day to day thing. I guess I'm blessed enough where I can still do things to curb the emotional pain. If there's anything you can do to get your mind off of everything than take it. There's absolutely nothing worse than sitting there feeling sorry for yourself.
  4. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

You are right. I have been feeling sorry for myself. I have spent the entire summer feeling terrible and I have let it control me. Thanks.
  5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

seems like it never ends..but I refuse to let it get me down..

I am praying for you better days ahead..

Think of you and want you to know you are not alone

Tami
  6. Margiepj

Margiepj New Member

Hi, I also have a lot of health problems , high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, overactive bladder,herniated disc, psoriasis,arthritis, and tendinitis, I will be going to the gastroenterolgist, for acid reflux, and then I have to go back to my urologist for bladder problem, they said my bladder is only 70% whatever that means, it just seems we can never get well, I also just had both my knees replaced last year of july, that is another problem I still have stiffness and pain although I exercise and ride my exercise bike, I think fibro makes your muscles stiffer and harder to get better with this. Margie4620@aol.com
  7. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

I also have something going wrong consistantly. I have also asked my doctor the same exact question.

She told me no....you are one of my more challenging pts but you are not a hypocondriac. Still I often wonder when they hear my name on the phone, do they roll their eyes in the office.

My rhemotoid dr told me once that fibro pts feel something going wrong in their bodies waaaayyy before the proof is in the tests. I have noticed over the years that it will take me awhile to convince my doctor that something is wrong.

Oh wellll, what can you do. Just keep plugging along day to day. Grab onto those few moments, hrs or days when your pain or whatever is less. Know that when it is bad, that this to will pass.

We all need to have what I call "my self-pity party" now and then.

Please forgive me for rambling on and on.

Twinks :)
  8. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

who responded. It helps to know that I am not alone. I think it is time to get a more positive attitude and maybe that will help. Alice

[ advertisement ]