One of my worst fears....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fallingapart, Mar 20, 2003.

1. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

One of my worst fears is to fall down!!I fell at work yesterday smack dab on my knee. It took me 5 minutes to get up and the pain was very intense.Thank god I take my pain meds on a regular basis or I think it would have been alot worse.I did manage to get back up and finish my shift.I could still walk(with a little limp)and it did swell, but just a little, and very little bruising.I thought for sure that today it would be killing me,but its not that bad.It still has swelling in it but just a little bit.The only time it hurts is if I press on it or bend with my knees. This is very strange to me I thought for sure it would be far worse than it is...hmmm
    I also wanted to ask if anyone has most of their pain on one side?I hurt it seems everywhere, but predominatly on my right side from shoulders down to my toes...whats up with that?
    See I am strange!! Bless you all(((((hugs)))))
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry you fell, I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was! I do have more pain, and more neurological sensations on my left side (particularly, left leg) than the right side. This is more common in the past year----I think before that, it was pretty equal.

Hope you get over the soreness from falling--feel better!

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

I lose my balance if I turn in the shower w/my eyes closed (to keep shampoo out of them). I also sometimes have issues getting up from sitting in a low to the floor position & tend to fall back down... At least it amuses my kids! I also have most of my pain on the right side of my body.
    Peace,
    Pixie
  4. kalina

kalina New Member

Hi, fallingapart. We're a sorry lot sometimes. This is really embarassing, because I have fallen going down my hardwood staircase TWICE this week! Last night I guess my foot caught on one of the stairs and I went down on my knee. I have bruises and scrapes all over my leg. The night before that was even worse -- I went down head-first, resulting in multiple bruises and swellings. Had to get an ice pack for my thumb, which was badly bruised and swollen. I seem to have patterns of clumsy-clusters. At least I haven't fallen tonight (yet). It's not that I have more pain on one side than the other -- my legs just feel wobbly and won't do what I want them to do.

Pixie, I'll tell you, this is a really rough way for you to have to entertain your kids. Maybe you could consider getting an old Buster Keaton movie for them to watch instead!

Kalina