One of those days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am having one of those days where every thing hurts. I have muscles that ache and I didn't know that I had those muscles. MY bones ache, my back hurts to the touch, my muscles hurt to the gentlest touch too, my feet ache, hips feel like I am a BArbie who has had her hips popped off { you know when a little girl makes her Barbie do the straddle splits and the dolls hips pop off" that is how I feel.

My wrist aches , my arm aches and I can't stand it much more. I ache too much to get in the tub as it hurts to climb in it tonight and besides I already took my night time meds so getting in a hot bath by my self is not a good idea.
    My fingers feel all swollen and fat , yet they are not. I don't feel like me or the me that I want to feel like.
    I am sick of all this pain, the constant changes in weather, going from cold to hot then back to cold and now hot again. This all over body pain was not in my contract for life on earth.

Yes, I have ben taught that God won't give me any thing I can't handle but today it is pushing it big time. I dont' know what to do? I just want to cry but that would just make my head ache and I don't need any more pains. I am thinking too much about me , I know this, and I am struggllling with it. I know so many people how have life much harder than mine, with more pain than I have to live with . Yet tonight this is over whelming to me. What do I do now? How do I get my mind to shut up and not think of this never ending pain?

I am going to have to try some meditaion not that I am good at it, or maybe self hypnosis any thing to make me conentrate on some thing other than this pain. I am trying really , I just have reached that point of I can't take this anymore.

Maybe I will try sticking my feet in a hot tub of water and see if that will ease some thing. And I will try to think of some thing other than myself.

Sorry about all the whinning and complaining about how bad I Hurt.
    Thank you all for just being here for me and letting me rant and rave all I want. Your the best.
  2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Pain seems to smack you in the head just when you could really use a break. The weather here has been so unpredictable that we always say "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. It will change!"

You know what I did/do when it hurts a lot? I have a little table by my bedside (but you can put it anywhere). I got a really nice, rainbow kind of cloth at the craft store in the bargain bin. Then I just started collecting things that I liked. A feather, a flower, a pretty stone, a little statue of an eagle, a picture, a post card, a stamp from Ireland, a bead - anything that just looked pretty and caught my eye.
    When I am feeling really bad or in pain, I go through all the stuff of my little table. I rearrange them, hold them up to the light, remember where or when I got them. They make me smile. And when I smile, somehow it doesn't hurt so bad any more.

And don't think you're whining, dear. That's what we're here for and why we all understand each other. I like to think of it as the radiating threads of a spider's web. All connected!

Soft hugs,
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

Sweety, sometimes you can't help but think about yourself, because it's all you can do to live through the pain.

I just wish I could wrap a nice warm soft blanket around those aches and make them disappear.

If you have a heating pad, it might help. Go climb in bed, and snuggle up to rest.

You can think of yourself and take care of yourself as much as you can.

We've all been there, so don't feel guilty or ashamed.

It's ok to talk it out. If you have some magnesium, give it a try. It may help the pain a bit.