One problem after another, after another, and the beat goes on!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaltair, Jan 9, 2006.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I recently posted on my situation with having had a cortisone injection in my right wrist and how painful it was afterward. Here’s an update:

After two days, the pain was gone, and the pain in the fatty part below the thumb of my right hand finally has stopped hurting! I could barely hold anything before having the injection of cortisone. So . . my thumb, index finger, and middle finger are not numb and do not have the tingling any longer.

The small finger and the one between the middle and small finger still get numb, and the outside portion of my wrist still hurts and aches. What this tells me is that the pain in the right hand is due to both the carpel tunnel and degenerative condition as well as the bone spurs that point in towards the column, and that I will need to have something done to ease the symptoms (cortisone injection in neck?). MRI first to see what gives.

OK, all that said, today I noticed a reddened area below the site of injection on my left wrist. I HAVE CELLULITIS and I am taking antibiotics!

What next?