ONE SIDED PAIN, ANYONE ELSE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Does anyone have one sided pain from time to time? Generally I get symetrical pain, but of late the pain seems to have shifted to the whole left side of my body and become more severe. The pains in the right still exist, just no where near as bad as the left.

I was up all night with the left leg and rotator cuff and neck pain on the left. I've had MRI's and heart checks, am supposed to have EMG soon, but he was only going to do the leg, so I asked for another examination first.

Any suggestions, it is driving me nuts along with the dizziness that seems left sided too.

Thanks
    Love Anne C
  2. Txslady

Txslady New Member

My doctor found it strange that I mostly complain about left side pain since I had my gallbladder removed from the right side. I have suffered no injuries to the left side. Yes the dizziness seems to go with it. I, like you, have had all the heart checks, MRI's, catscans, etc with no luck of a diagnosis. I have been in this flare for a few days now.

Shannon
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That is reassuring as I was beginning to think I was alone. I wonder what causes it - I just posted on a READ article you may like too, click on the post, as it talks about pain very well.

Love Anne C
  4. betl

betl New Member

Right-side pain is my problem, but have also been diagnosed with arthritis in hips and shoulder. I think if you analyze if pain is in joints or muscles you can better explain to your doctor. Betl
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

You know, until you asked I hadn't even thought about this, but my "one sided pain" is gone! I used to have much more difficulty with pain on my left side then my right.

Somewhere along the line that little fibro trait went away. Alright ... gotta love getting better. Also gotta love the idea of keeping my fingers crossed ..., LOL

Elsa
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have very intense right sided facial pain but other pains are also more intense on my right side.

From what I understand FMS is supposed to be generalized pain on both sides so my one-sided pain has confused me. I mean I have pain on the other side but it isn't the same.

It has made me question the FMS diagnosis.

sofi
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Post me directly re the Aspergers. Temple Grandin gave a lecture here last night-she is a world famous animal
    scientist with Aspergers.

Back to one sided pain. The quandrant theory makes sense also except it tends to be upper and lower left for me.

I was reading up on Short Leg Syndrome what do any of you think about this. I DO tend to lean to the left.

Love Anne C
  8. shirleygirley

shirleygirley New Member

Sorry to hear of your one sided pain but glad I am not on my own as this problem is my new one and boy is it painful!! Isn't it frustrating to get new pains when you just think you have got rid of the others!! I am experiencing severe neck pain and lower back pain on my left hand side in this recent FM flare up. It wakes me up at night which on top of an already bad night's sleep is driving me nuts and is accompanied by the never ending headache!!! However, this is just to report that I have found a great pillow which is pocket sprung and that is helping and this week I had acupuncture and that has eased it to. It is quite nice not to walk around the house with a red tartan hot wheat bag round my neck as it is not the most attractive of accessories!! If anyone wants to know more about the pillow then please get back to me