one small step for a mommy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nova, Nov 18, 2002.

1. nova

nova New Member

My 4 Y/O was invited to a bitrhday party this weekend, at of all plaved Check-e-Cheeses. I did it. i rested and took extra care of myself and was able to take her to the party. I lasted 2 hours chasing her around and playing games. I am so proud that I just had to shareit. THis is the first time I have been able to take her to a birthday party. And I made it. Of course I paid for it the next day and had to take a 4 hr nap., but she had soo much fun. She gave me a hug that night and told me I was the best mommy in the whole world, cause she knows I'm sick but I took her anyway. I have been so afraid how me illness would effect her at such a young age. but I guess I am doing alright! just hadd to post my little accomplishment.
  2. nova

nova New Member

My 4 Y/O was invited to a bitrhday party this weekend, at of all plaved Check-e-Cheeses. I did it. i rested and took extra care of myself and was able to take her to the party. I lasted 2 hours chasing her around and playing games. I am so proud that I just had to shareit. THis is the first time I have been able to take her to a birthday party. And I made it. Of course I paid for it the next day and had to take a 4 hr nap., but she had soo much fun. She gave me a hug that night and told me I was the best mommy in the whole world, cause she knows I'm sick but I took her anyway. I have been so afraid how me illness would effect her at such a young age. but I guess I am doing alright! just hadd to post my little accomplishment.
  3. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

That is so great. some times when we know that there is a party, and our child would love to go then we should try to get more rest like you so the kids don't miss out.I have three kids that i need to do more with. take care.

stehanie
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

day to day, mommy...day to day!!
    Love,
    Kdy
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My daughter is 13, and I didn't have FMS for those younger years, but I know what it's like to wonder if you'll ever make it through the school play she's starring in (2 evening performances) or make it through a six-hour field trip. Good for you----the last time I made it through something tough, to be there for my daughter, afterwards I was amazed how well I did, given how lousy I'd felt before. Sometimes I think those smiles & hugs give us the extra energy we need to somehow do the impossible! Glad it went so well---and at Chuck E. Cheese, to boot!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

Way to go!!!!!
    We had Imogen's 5th birthday party on the weekend & I was SOOOO scared! 12 children for two hours!
    We held it at my MIL's house, as she has an enclosed entertainment area outside & all the kids played in there.
    I had to take 2mg of diazapam to be outside, but I actually lasted the two hours myself & was involved YEAH!
    I sat down to take five inside a couple of times, but all in all I was SOOOO happy to be a part of it :)
    The little things we do that can make us feel so darn good!

Lease
  7. phenom

phenom New Member

i think even though u paid for it the next day it is worth every second!!!! sometimes its good to push yourself just so you can feel a bit normal and give those around you a sense of normality - i sometimes forget that my family is affected by my FM too. well done again!

phenom