One Smart Kitty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Only problem is that I'm not sure which one it is. Every morning when I get up, I take a fresh little bowl of food down for Simon's breakfast and put it in the bushes so he can eat in privacy. This morning, I woke at 3:30, got up and then went back to sleep for a bit. When I woke from my nap, I made another cup of coffee and went out to the balcony to drink it. Smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk was the empty bowl from yesterday. How smart is that to get my attention and file a complaint?

I don't know whether it was Simon or Tweety. She looks out for him but it could have been Simon who did it. Sylvester is too detached to do something like this. I'm leaning toward Simon but I still don't know. We need one of those wildlife cams so we can watch the bowl :)

In any case, no matter how tired I am, I will try to put Simon's breakfast out for him. Jeff feeds him too so he doesn't go hungry. It's just that I usually get up between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning while it's still dark. Simon is like a little ghost who moves in the darkness. He prefers the early call to breakfast.

Love, Mikie
  2. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

You do need a web cam.It will drive you crazy wondering which one it is now lol.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tweety is smart enough and she watches over Simon. I don't know how smart Simon is but he certainly has street smarts. I'm sure he's capable of it when his meals depend on it. In any case, message received loud and clear. Animals are amazing. My old dog used to put her foot in her bowl when it was empty and kick it across the floor. I am humbled when I see how smart our animal friends are.

Love, Mikie