one specific problem area ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.. does anyone out there have one specific area that just never lets up, along with the general pain ? ... the lower back of my head, neck and across the top of my shoulders is a constant burning aching painful area .. the fibro seems to have picked a "favorite" spot in those areas .. is it a neuropathic pain ? .. there seems to be so many different types of pain described on here, I'm wondering if I should be worried or at least be more aggressive talking to the doctor about this spot ? .. any opinions greatly appreciated ! Thanks !
    Fudge
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

24 hours a day 7 days a week for 8 years now, it only varies in intensity, but I can't even remember anymore how it feels not to have a headache.
    It is completely debilitating at times and so painful that I can say with certainty at that moment that my head is going to explode into a million pieces.

Phoebe
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I have the worst neck, shoulder pain AND I have had chronic daily headache for almost 30 years. I also have a lot of trouble with my legs, but nowhere near as much pain as from my shoulders on up.
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

my neck and shoulders. My Chiropractor said they have tightened so much in the past year. He feels that is where the FMS has settled, I have all over pain also but those two areas are the worst.
  5. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

I have constant pain in my upper back and it can go around to my ribs when I get a flare...

The levels are different but it is always there. Mostly painful burning on a good day, on a bad day it hurts to breath.

rrsbaby
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes, I had a bad whiplash 12 years ago. In time that area got better (about 9 years) but I still can not do overhead things where you lift your arms over your head with out being in pain. The best help I've had is cranium pressure point release. Done while I'm sitting up at first then laying down for the shoulders. This is a very soft touch on these pressure points. If someone uses to much pressure I get very very foggy for days. I find that I need to be very careful about the person that does this they have to have a very light touch and I have to trust them. My reflexologist did it this last time and she touch is to heavy I was in heavy fog for about 5 days then the pain and stress was gone and has not returned. Light touch is the best and you get better results without the fog.
    Dee50
  7. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... thanks for sharing yur experiences ... it really does help to know other people KNOW what I'm talking about ... I'm lucky my husband is very empathetic .. I feel very badly for the people that don't have that type of support ..
    Fudge
    PS ... some day they will find something that helps maybe ?
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

My shoulders, arms, and low back.