One step from awake

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mum6, May 29, 2003.

1. mum6

mum6 New Member

Hi,
    Last night I had this weird tiredness. I laid on the couch and heard everything going on around me but just couldn't seem to wake up enough to be part of the group or conversations. It lasted about three hours. Then I got up was thirsty and went to bed and slept for five hours. Has anyone experienced something like this??
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Only difference, when I woke up, I wanted Apple Juice! Strangest darn thing, I very seldom drink Apple juice. I drank two full glasses before I was satified.

It felt like I was in some kind of semi coma, awake but not awake.

I have no idea what causes this, unless its a shut down of your body/mind when you are totally exausted.

Maybe someone else can put a name to this one too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

Years ago I used to do that.That was years before being diagnosed with fibro,but does anyone really know how long they might have had fibro?I would lay down on the couch to rest and it really was like being in a trance.I not only heard everything that was going on I would actually tell myself that I had to get up.In my mind I felt myself getting up but when I opened my eyes I hadn't moved at all.It would usually take 3 or 4 times of this before I actually sat up and got up.I had forgotten all about feeling that way until reading your post.Strange feeling,isn't it? bejo
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have suffered sleep paralysis since I was a teenager. Scary, thank God it does not happen often.