One step in the right direction

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by tsflaxie, Mar 11, 2004.

1. tsflaxie

tsflaxie New Member

A couple days ago I found this website and I wrote about my depression and my fears of opening up to my therapist. So I'm just giving an update on the situation. I did have a meeting with my therapist. Although I was scared I was able to let her in to what is really going on with me. I left that meeting with a new fight in me. I want to be happy and change my life. She gave me a few tasks to try this weekend and I look forward to meeting with her again. As far as Meds we have not discussed this as yet. I also made another huge accomplishment this week I told my sister that I was suffering from depression. She didn't say much but later that afternoon she came by and told me she wanted to go for a walk. We walked for 30 mins and had Dinner it was the most beautiful afternoon. I was happy - it made me feel good. I know that this is going to be a battle but I am willing to fight it.
    Again I want to thank everyone who responded to my first post because it was the motivation that I needed to make the first steps to healing.