One thing that you desperately want to do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, May 8, 2006.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

Reading Shannon's post got me thinking. What is one thing that you desperately want to do, or to do again whilst you are on this earth?

For me I desperately want to run again.

Not to jog weakly to the phone & then collapse for the rest of the day dizzy, shaking & sick.

I was never a 'real' runner, just short sprints, but I SOOOO would love to be able to do it again.

I want to run flat out for no reason at all, to feel the wind in my hair & my lungs working. And afterwards I want to pull up feeling good.
  2. Cyndi40

Cyndi40 New Member

I was involved in music ministry... I also sang for a lot of weddings (and some funerals which were not fun, but at least I could)... so I want desperately to sing again.. and to be involved in a ministry again. It is so amazing reading someone else's words and feeling the same kind of hope and hopelessness. Hang in there "lease"... Keep holding onto that dream!
    In God's precious love,
    Cyndi
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

laugh. I just can't hardly laugh any more. I try, but just have a hard time.

Kriket
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

We've been there twice. First time was on our honeymoon. I weighed almost 300 lbs., and had trouble getting around. Second time was just before I was diagnosed (I had lost alot of weight though), and I was in a wheelchair for alot of the time.

Also, I'd like to get back into the children's ministry at church. It's hard to concentrate and that's what I'd have to do.

Good topic!

God Bless.
  5. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I've always wanted to go skydiving but never felt like I would be a responsible mom if my chute didn't open or something. My grown kids didn't know what to give their dad for his birthday this year so they decided to give him an adventure. They paid for him to go sky diving and hey, if he was going to die, I wasn't going to be left here all alone. I figured the kids are raised. I'm already in so much pain that if I get killed I thought Oh Well, No more pain. My hubby and I both turn 52 this year and I figured I couldn't see me doing this when I'm 72 if I make it that long.

Long story short. We jumped and of course I was first and the other 4 people were jumping their first time to and they were all guys. When we got on the ground one of them told me that if I didn't jump he wasn't going to either. But when I jumped he couldn't let no woman get anything over on him. We each had a photographer that shot still pictures and videos. They put the videos to songs that reminded you of skies, falling, etc. They were wonderful. I'm so glad we paid the extra $80.00 each to preserve that memory. Oh, to avoid breaking a leg or hurting ourselves to bad we were told to land on our butts. Worked out pretty good until the next day. Of course from tensing up over jumping out of the airplane I hurt all over for a week, but I hurt with a smile on my face and the wind in my hair. LuAnn
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Without feeling really sick all over . That would be heaven !
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

First....I was awed by LuAnne's jump! I always wanted to do that, but also was afraid to try, because of kids. But I can imagine the freedom the sensation of doing this. Gives me goose bumps, the good kind.
    My kids are grown also, but I can not imagine the landing. So lets all give a Big Applause to LuAnne!

Sure I would want to get cured........otherwise than that I would love to just walk and walk. I used to. I'd walk for miles sometimes, for the fun of it. I miss that.

Another would to bicycle ride. Dance. Make love for hours! LOL.
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I want to walk with my husband around the county fair as we once did. Now I can't walk that much or that far and just trying it causes me so much pain that i am laid up for days.

I want to feel NORMAL once more.

Not to have to depend on my pain meds for pain control and making my life more livable.

I want to hold my grandson and walk down the street with him.

I want to go to the Mountian Man rondeovous like I used to do and sleep up high in the mountians and just be able to sleep and feel good enough to walk through the encampment to visit and see all the friends I have , instead of having to sit at the camp and let people come to me.

I want to walk like I once did and feel like I did and lose this wieght from all the meds and added pain. I don't want to be a model thin just at a good weight that would be good for me. I weigh far to much now it is just over 200lbs and no matter what I eat or how much I try to lose this weight I can't do it and it just stays with me. And I don't like me looking like this , AS IT IS NOT ME.

There are many more.

Rosemarie
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

AND GOOD FOR YOU LUANN.

I'd like to wake up in the morning feeling full of energy, able to breathe freely and walk w/ a spring in my step.

I wouldn't care what I did if I felt like that again.
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is all...plus have the wisdom that i have now...

jodie
  11. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

enjoy summer again; haven't for at least 5-10 years.

the heat and humidity of summer here in new england simply wipe me out whether i've done 'anything' or 'nothing'.

was born by the shore, lived by the shore, love the shore, need the shore!! but i must avoid it now in warm and hot weather. :(
  12. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I saw some blooming outside my window. They looked so beautiful. The wind was tugging on them, and they were stretched toward the rising sun. I would like to be able to go outside and pick a dandilion.
  13. JoaneWing

JoaneWing New Member

I desperately miss my social life. By that I mean, being up and out past 6 PM. I must be in bed no later than 6 and sleep for at least 12 hours. I miss my friends and my Saturday night movies and dinners out. I keep praying for a miracle.

Best wishes to all,
    Joan
  14. greatgran

greatgran Member

I guess since this disease I have become agoraphobic.. I would love to be able to travel more than 20 minutes from my home and not be afraid...Haven't been more that 40 mintues form my home in 3 years...

Also I would love to find inner joy and happiness even
    with this dd..

I see no reason why I can't accomplish this..Need help, please...

Great post,
    greatgran
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

lease70:
    I would love to travel again: vacation spots and such.
    I miss it.

nyrofan
  16. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I want to retire from work. I have been at the same job for 22 years, and it doesn't get any easier. My husband is trying to work something out financially to where I can throw in the towel this year ( I hope).

I get excited about quitting, then I get a panic spell thinking about not having my regular pay check and insurance. I will be giving up a lot where insurance is concerned. We will have to get a policy with a huge deductible, and premium, I'm afriad.

Anyway, that's my dream.

Kinsie
  17. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

cruise I always dreamed of. Then I got married and had our kids and there was no money or time. Now that they are grown, Im sick and I do not want to go in a wheelchair or with my cane . This is a hard dream for me to let go.

Suzette
  18. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

I have two things I want to do.

My first dream and goal is to go back to school and become a physical therapist.

I am hoping to start this fall 2 months after having a one level cervical decompression and fusion surgery. The semester starts only 8 weeks after my surgery IF I get the surgery date I want. I hope I don't have to waste a whole semester and wait until January.

I already have my AA, but need the science classes before I transfer. I hope my fibro foggy brain can handle the tough classes so soon after surgery.

My second dream and goal is to be able to exercise without fatigue while exercising and without the post exertional fatigue. Oh and without pain and dizziness ! !

I do it anyway now so I can get my weight down, but it sucks having to work this hard at it.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
  19. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

I would love to feel like I used to. Normal.....or whatever normal is. At least I am alive, can't complain about that ! Would love to be able to walk for a length of time again with my grandkids and so forth. Can't do things like I used to.
  20. gnanny

gnanny New Member

and I suppose if my legs were good enough to dance again I could probably make a lap around Disneyland with my grandkids. sigh