One virius after another

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sherry, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Besides having fibro I get one virius after another which even makes my fibro symptoms worse. Does anyone else get virius's all the time?
    Sherry
  2. Rosario

Rosario New Member

I'm prone to catch any and every virus that crosses my path. And, yes, my fibro symptoms get very much worse, even with just a cold. Take care, Rose
  3. pands45

pands45 New Member

i am glad you posted this. i too have the same problem. and my fibro does get worse. i think that our immune system is shot because of the fibro. i heard that or read that somewhere. it is definatly amazing how much fibro affects EVERYTHING once you have this condition. well, hope you get better real soon. tc
  4. Debs63

Debs63 New Member

Its sure does effect everything...for the year end2001- 2002 I spent 10 months in the ER due to viruses and other related illnesses... I finally was able to get my flu and pnuemonia shot in OCt. I sure hope this helps me.

My family doctor said he wished he could give me a shot to help build up my immune system ...said sorry Deb but you have no immune system...everything that comes close to you ..you will catch.

So when the first wave of flu started in Oct...I stayed away from schools and stores...so far doing good for now.

5. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Sherry:
    You'all sound like I did 3 years ago. I caught everything that went by and felt worse with the fibro.
    However, I started taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C every day and have one cold a year if at all and I got the flu this past week. Haven't had the flu for at least 2 years.
    I give all the credit to the vitamin C. It helps the immune system, but you have to take it all the time to get the full benefits.
    My husband, Mr. Skeptical, refused Vit C until he saw the dramatic improvement in my colds/flu's. Now he is a convert and hasn't had a major cold in a couple of years.
    Anyway, just my thoughts on this. Hopes it helps!
    sue
  6. healing

healing New Member

There are a number of things you can do in addition to Vit. C. You can take DHEA (I take 20 mg/day, a low dose). There also are homeopathics (e.g., Gallium) and herbs (e.g., I take something marketed as "Astra Essence") that you can take to bolster your immune system. Antioxidants help. Exercise helps too. Get your thyroid checked. Wash your hands a lot. Good luck to you!