One way to incorporate fitness

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by perlaguy23, Jun 4, 2015.

1. perlaguy23

perlaguy23 Member

One way to incorporate fitness into your life is to begin a garden. A lot of people are surprised to find that starting a garden is actually a lot of work. Not only do you have to squat when gardening, but you also need to weed and dig. Gardening is one activity that can help you get fit at home.
  2. bodylisten

bodylisten Member

Being able to harvest your own vegetables and herbs, and appreciate the beauty of your own flowers, is great motivation for getting outside and getting fit. So true about all the squatting involved! Gardening does bring one down to earth ;)
  3. Willow77

Willow77 Active Member

I read somewhere that gardening helps with depression. I know when I am feeling down, going out to the garden and getting my hands in the dirt always makes me feel better. Weeding is my meditation. It helps clear my mind of any negative thoughts.
    bodylisten likes this.
  4. remon90

remon90 Member

When I stand in my garden I can feel the seeds under the earth, everything growing, and I have a connection to all of life.
    bodylisten likes this.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I love to garden. In good weather, on the days that I am able, I am outside doing as much as my energy will allow for the day.
  6. stream26

stream26 Member

I love garden but its not same like a fitness for me. Trimming bushes, cutting the grass. it certainly gives me pleasure, but when all done. may be off-topic, but which trimmer do you use. I now looking for new and budget. thnk about Poulan pro
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016