One woman's tale of a bad immune system

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Mar 1, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

So, yesterday I posted that I was getting sick. Of course, I caught it from my son. Although, many times I will get sick and he won't. I think he's definitely got me beat with his superhuman immune system. He must take after daddy. Well, I was at work today and felt soooo achy. I kept taking my temperature though, and it kept reading as normal. All of a sudden, within a matter of an hour, it shot up to 101 degrees, which is high for me considering my normal is in the 96 to 97 range.

So, me being the dedicated (and probably crazy) worker that I am, I decided to stay. Now, let me remind you, I work on the cardiac unit of a hospital. So, me and my lovely germs were around all the cardiac patients. The only reason I didn't leave earlier is because I didn't want my boss to get mad at me, as this would be my 3rd call-out this year...and it's only March 1st! So, I stuck it out until 10:30pm, at which point I finally said that's enough. I ended up leaving 45 minutes early, but I was able to get all of my work done before leaving. So, hopefully they won't be too upset with me.

I just don't get it, how can somebody have such a bad immune system. And when I do get the same thing that my son had, my "version" of it ends up being ten times worse!! I am thankful that he takes after his dad, but I just cannot stand this. I'm one step closer to calling and making that appointment with Dr. Enlander. I cannot keep going through this, especially when I'm going to be a nurse and working around lots of germs.

I'm reaching my breaking point. Well, time to go take some Tylenol and get to bed. I'm skipping school tomorrow so that I can sleep.

Hugs,
    Kim