one year ago surgery, now again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, Sep 16, 2003.

1. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Yesterday marked my one year anniv. for having cysts in the ovary and going through surgery to have the left one removed. And where was I yesterday. At my GYN's office in the same pain but on the other side. After crying in pain through the exam and ultrasound they discovered two more cysts on the other ovary. I am possibly going to have a hysterectomy tomorrow. I seen the practioner in the office as my GYN was on call. However she has it marked in the chart that she would do the hysterectomy due to suspecting it to be adenomyosis if more problems came to be again. But now with the cysts too. But she wanted to speak with my GYN before just scheduling me into her surgical schedule. I will find out right away today. I do not want to wait. I want this crap out so i can try to live a bit. Hurts to move my stomach at all. So tired of the pain and fatigue that this stuff causes every month.
    I am worried a bit about the surgery and what to expect so any words of encouragement would be appreciated. My anxiety level is up.. :-(
    Thanks,
    Joannie
  2. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

Joannie,
    I am so sorry you are having so much pain.I am sure you don't want the surgery either.Keep in mind that they will take good care of you and after it is over you won't have to deal with the pain you have now.If you can have a vaginal hysterectomy it may be easier.I know people that had it done that way and then others that were cut and the vaginal way was easier.I wish you comfort every moment you need it and hope you will feel better soon.Hang in there you will be fine. Lana 56
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry you're going through all this. I had surgery about a year ago, too, for a large ovarian cyst that had adhered itself to my abdominal wall, causing constant bleeding & pain. I had had one a few years ago----I think some of us girls are just prone to forming cysts. I'm sorry if you have to undergo the hysterectomy, but I know exactly what you mean about being tired of dealing with constant pain & fatigue. Having not had a hysterectomy yet myself, I can't speculate on what it will involve recovery-wise, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you & will say a prayer for you! Let us know, if you can, what you & your doctor decide....make sure you plan on a good amount of solid rest & recovery time after the surgery.

I'm hoping for the best for you!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I did not have the cysts, but the day I had a vaginal hysterectomy was the best day in my life. No more periods, pain, etc. I still have my ovaries so I don't know if that will make any difference in your recovery, but mine was a speedy healing. I'll be thinking of you, take care.
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I appreciate the kindness and your replies. I am pretty upset though. My Doctor is so booked out that I can not have the surgery until October 30th. The day before my children go trick or treating,ugg. I was not about to wait any longer and that is her soonest opening. I don't know what I am supposed to do about this darn pain I have until then. Obviously the nurse has no empathy, told me to take three to four advil when it is alot of pain.
    I knew that it would come to this and i have put it off for quite sometime but never expected the wait to be so long. I hope I can make it. I have heard a lot of good things about after having the surgery. It is like almost hereditary in my family i think for this to happen. I am worried a bit about the hormone replacement due to my sensativity to meds and them taking everything. but my mom has done well with hers so hopefully I will too.
    Thank you again for your replies. I truly appreciate and needed it.
    Thinking of you all.
    Joannie