Online pharmacy's.Who uses one.Can U tell me the name?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 16, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Thinking about using one but don't know who to trust. If you use one can you tell me the name so I can try them.

Thanks,Keke
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

Anyone else.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Two that I've used to order drugs for my parents are drugstore.com (U.S. pharmacy) and medcentercanada.com (Canadian). Both require a prescription, and prices at both are generally lower than regular pharmacies.

You can go to their websites and look up prices etc. We had good experiences with both of them.

Mary
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Did you see the response I sent? There is a website called Drugbuyers.com that provides alot of information about online ordering of meds.

I have ordered several times in the past. Depending on what you are ordering and if you need a prescription or will be faxing your own prescription.

For example, if you are ordering pain medication and need a prescription, they have you fill out a online questionaire that is sent to their doctor. After reviewing your questionaire, if the doctor approves it, he will write the prescription which is sent to their pharmacy, then the meds are fed ex'ed to you.

Here is the possible problem now... I ordered meds a few years ago. Since then, I looked at a online pharmacy and up popped a message from the DEA (It looked official) advising it was illegal to have a prescription written from a online questionaire without a face to face exam from a doctor.

It looks like they are targeting the online companies that do online prescriptions. So, I guess if you already have a prescription from your own doctor and are price shopping, there is no problem.

I still would look at the website called drugbuyers.com to see what they are saying. There are thousands of legitimately ill people who order pain meds online.

Below is a article from 2005 which kind of scared me from ordering online again...

Karen P. Tandy
    Administrator
    Drug Enforcement Administration
    Operation Cyber Chase Press Conference
    Washington, D.C.
    April 20, 2005 at 11:30 AM
    Note: Administrator Tandy sometimes deviates from her prepared remarks, which are below.

This is every parent’s nightmare.

Strangers are peddling drugs in your home and you don’t even know it. They do it through your family computer. Drug dealers who used to operate in back alleys now appear in your child’s bedroom through the Internet.

Organized crime has set up shop on the Internet, with criminals posing as legitimate pharmacies. They stand on the street corners of cyberspace illegally selling—at a huge mark-up—amphetamines, anabolic steroids, and narcotics like vicodin, codeine, and morphine. Operation Cyber Chase is the first major international enforcement action against online rogue pharmacies and their sources of supply— today we’ve logged off some of the worst e-drug traffickers.

Over the past 48 hours we’ve arrested 20 criminals from India, Costa Rica and the United States. These people were using the world wide web as a worldwide drug market. The Bansal (bhan-zell) organization, a Philadelphia-based international organization of internet drug traffickers, used 200 websites to distribute millions of pills globally.

Operation Cyber Chase shut down this organization and its affiliates top to bottom. The criminal indictments also contain charges seeking forfeiture of 41 bank accounts valued at more than $6 million to divest these criminals of their illicit proceeds.

The Internet has become an open medicine cabinet, a ‘help yourself pill bazaar’ to what makes you feel good. Customers to the websites we targeted today filled out only cursory online questionnaires about their health. We now unmask these pretend “medical” questionnaires for the fraudulent medical practice they are.

The Federation of State Medical Boards has confirmed that there is no valid doctor patient relationship when someone merely fills out an online medical questionnaire that is reviewed by a cyber doctor. As the Federation’s Model Internet Guidelines state: "Treatment, including issuing a prescription, based solely on an online questionnaire or consultation does not constitute an acceptable standard of care."

On these illegal web sites, there are no doctor visits, exams, x-rays, tests, follow-ups, medical histories, or health monitoring of any kind.

The websites we targeted today gave an illusion of safety and legitimacy, displaying photos depicting professional pharmacists in white lab coats in a sterile environment. But in fact, the drugs they marketed were smuggled from India and Europe and stashed in cars and homes, and stuffed in plastic bags. What arrived on customers’ doorsteps were drugs in the proverbial plain brown wrapper with unreadable labels, no dosage directions or warnings, and worse, sometimes with the wrong dose or even the wrong drug.

I want to be clear that there are a little over a dozen legitimate online pharmacies. What is the difference between them and the ones we targeted in Cyber Chase? Legitimate online pharmacies require customers to send in prescriptions from their doctors—doctors who have physically examined and know the patient.

Rogue pharmacy sites are fueling the abuse of prescription drugs, which now rival all other drug abuse except marijuana. Between 2000 and 2002, persons who reported the non-medical use of prescription drugs, skyrocketed from 1.6 million to 6.2 million people, an increase of almost 300 percent. Approximately one out of every ten high school seniors has abused prescription drugs.

Ordering pharmaceuticals online is discreet, simple, and quick, but it masks a grave danger. Prescription drug abuse can have lethal consequences, as the Surks family from New Jersey tragically learned. Jason Surks died at the age of 19 after overdosing on narcotics that he ordered from a rogue online pharmacy. Jason’s mother, Linda Surks, is here today as a personal testament to the tragedy that these rogue pharmacies can cause.

DEA is working as never before to put an end to the kind of tragedy suffered by the Surks family by targeting the diversion of legal drugs into the illegal market. We ask for your help as well. Earlier this year, DEA launched a toll-free international hotline—1-877-RxAbuse—for the public to anonymously report the illegal sale and abuse of prescription drugs. We’ve received hundreds of tips already, including those about suspicious Internet pharmacies, and this information is assisting us in bringing drug dealers to justice.

We take a huge step forward with the arrests in Operation Cyber Chase, which owes its success to the tremendous cooperation of international and U.S. law enforcement agencies and to our partners in the U.S. Attorney’s offices in Philadelphia and Brooklyn.

Together, the long arm of the law reached into cyberspace to put an end to a major e-drug trafficking ring. ##

5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing ordering meds online.
    I also was completely satisfied with the drugs I received.
    I just think the DEA is against getting a prescription without being examined by a doctor.
    I am for online pharmacies for responsible people.
    As usual, some people ruin it for everyone.
    If I was desperate I might still order online but I would be afraid of the DEA.
    I have a business license and would certainly lose it if convicted of any crime.
    (The DEA made it soundlike it was against the law).
    I found that website "drugbuyers" very helpful.
    I think it is terrible some doctors refuse to treat pain.
    Sorry for my rambling...
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2006]
  6. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Ever since I saw quite a lengthy segment on a news show here (can't remembet which one now) I am hesitant to continue ordering drugs on line. I know the prices are much better then those here, but we are really taking quite a risk.

It seems that there is a huge counterfeit group in China who is taking legal drugs and filling capsules or pills with useless or harmful ingredients. This scares me, we don't know what we are taking.

This is something to think about and I hope I am not overreacting. I am always first in line to try and save money.

Thanks for this post,

Arlene
  7. diannalisa

diannalisa New Member

As always one of the first things I look for when buying ANYTHING online and then follow up on is 1)physical address & phone #, 2)good customer support 3)seals of approval from some type of bbb, industry group, etc. For online drug buying I also feel it's more responsible that a site ask for a rx from your own doc, after all your doc has actually examined you, diagnosed your illness and supposedly knows your health history better than a 5 minute rx approval person at some website.

I was quite pleased to run across http://www.canadapharmacy.com
    I've ordered from them since Jan 2006 for several types of drugs and they have been very reasonably priced, quick to arrive and great customer service. Ex: Ultracet $85 for 100 generic or $125 brand. I usually just fax in my script from my home printer/fax combo although you can mail it as well.

As far as other options go familymeds.com has inexpensive prices and is us-based. Also I usually use walgreens.com to check on the prices of my drugs to see if I'm really getting a deal or if I'm better off getting them at the drugstore.
    Hope this info helps.
  8. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member