online prescription medication

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chinlover, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

Has anyone ever considered purchasing their pain medication on line? I have never done that and wondered if it was safe to do.
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I wouldnt consider it. You never know if you are getting what you paid for nevermind the fact that cops are always on the look out for people obtaining drugs illegally...and these websites usually charge you absurd amounts of money.

I dont think its worth it at all.
  3. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

Thanks for your reply. When I typed in Fibro pain to find information, all these pain med sights came up. I was just wondering if they were a legit option or not. I would never do anything illegal! I am a mommy with 4 children and a husband to love. I want to keep it that way. I guess since I am new to all of this, my best option is to just keep asking questions, seek support, and hopefully get the help I need. I can't say my rheumatologist has been great by any means, but I think she is trying her best. What avenues do you use to inform yourself and get the help you need. Chinlover
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

It took me so long to find a doc to give me adequate pain relief. I was at the point where I felt as though I would do anything to get rid of the pain also.

I have never bought from an online "pharmacy" but I have heard that sometimes people get placebos. Now a days I just feel as though this so many people in this world would do anything to make a buck...you may even think you are purchacing something but someone is actually just taking your money and not sending anything in return. There is alot of screwed up things going on in this world.

I really do feel for you. I cant imagine how hard it is to deal with this and have children also. Im only 26, and I dont know if I could ever handle having kids...nevermind a job.

I would suggest that you look into a Pain Management Clinic. The doctors there specialize in dealing with pain and arent usually afraid to give pain meds (well some arent). If you can find a doc that is/was an anethesiologist (sp?) you would have an even better chance of getting good pain releif (via pain meds). If you dont have a pain clinic in your area, just keep looking for a doc...dont give up!

It took me many years to find one. I currently see a rheumatologist that prescribes me Norco (10 mg of hydrocodone with 325 mg of tylenol) and even though it doesnt work everyday, I thank my lucky stars that I found him.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Never ever feel bad or guilty for asking about buying meds online...we have all been desperate for some reason or another due to the pain.

Hugs,
    Steph
  5. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

Steph, You are certainly compassionate. It is so hard to know what to do. This is all so new and overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin at times. I knew for a long time something wasn't right, but now I have a diagnosis to go forward with. I guess I will just keep trying and looking and seeking and hopefully I will get good compasionate people, like you, to give me the right advice. Thanks, Chinlover
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Be sure to keep us updated on your search for pain relief.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Just keep asking around for a doctor. If your Rheumy wont give you pain relief then ask him/her to refer you to a doctor that will. It is totally unethical for your doc to let you suffer.

Im so sorry for what you are going thru...Im sure if you keep looking and dont give up that you will find the help that you need and you deserve.

Take care of yourself,
    Steph
  7. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

all I had to do was fill out the questionair and supposedly a Doctor looks at it and then says yes or no. I had it filled twice and they seemed to be okay but I finally told my doctor that I would rather she prescribe them than me playing russian roulette on the internet. It did scare me to do it and I will never do it again.

I was lucky but I know lots of folks arent. It's not fair that we should have to think of going to the internet for pain medication...doctors should be able to help us more. As long as I go in and talk to her it should be okay to continue meds, as of right now the doc that prescribed my meds left and the other doc in the practice thinks that were all junkies if we need pain med longer than 2 refills.

Now I have to start my search all over again to find one to prescribe the pain meds!!! AARRHHH!!!

Blessings,
    Kelly
  8. BEARANDBUGSMOM

ten dollars for my legal prescription for Tramadol and when I purchased it online I had to pay $120.00 for a little less than 100 pills!!

Looking for anything stronger than Tramadol was too big of a hit in the pocket!!

Blessings,
    Kelly
  9. cherie22001

cherie22001 New Member

Hi to Everyone
    I am new here and reading over the posts I see such compassion and kindness and caring that I feel so lucky I found this place. I was wondering how much Tramadol you take? I originally started off with 2 pills 100mg each and now I am up to 4. I find this pill really helps me more than anything else although I still wish I could find something even better. When vioxx was on the market I found it to be excellent but nothing has ever come to replacing that. I know there is celebrex and others in the same family but they don;t work at all for me. How long have you been taking Tramadol and how much do you take each day? I thank you for anything you can tell me and wish you all a painless day. Cherie
  10. Chinlover

Chinlover New Member

I have never heard of Tramadol. What is it? I guess I mean is it a muscle relaxing med, anti-seisure, analgesic etc? Thanks for all info. Chinlover
  11. BEARANDBUGSMOM

I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, and thats only if I don't go anywhere or do anything!

I was up to 3 in the morning and another 4 or more in the evening but when I took too many and ran out I had terrible withdrawal and I swore that I would never do that again!!

They seem to help my head more than the pain...I don't really know why but they make me feel more outgoing, they feel like there doing what my antidepressant should be doing! I just feel mentally better, but they sure don't help my pain anymore!

Hope that helps!
    Sorry it took soo long to reply!
    Blessings!
    Kelly

12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

chinlover:

I tried and never even got the medication. And I paid up front and lost my money.

My vote would be 'no'.

nyrofan