Online therapy or medical?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by happycfs, Jul 26, 2012.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hello friends,

Does anyone know of a way to get online psychotherapy? I am housebound, but could really use some help getting through the emotional stuff.

Also, I have heard of having medical Drs appointments through the internet too, but I cannot find anything. Anyone know of a website or resource where I can look into these things further?

Thank you for everything!
  2. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I am not sure about online therapy and how effective it would be. Although, most therapists will make phone call appointments after they have had a chance to meet you in person. They want to have some face to face communication because they look for non verbal communication as well.

I know of a women who does emotional work on the phone who does not require you to meet her. She is not a licensed therapist but has been trained in emotional and intuitive therapy. If you want her website it is She has fibromyalgia and coaches people with the emotional and the nutritional needs of our illness. If this doesn't work then look of a life coach that specializes in chronic illness.
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi, Yes, I know of two therapists who both have M.E., CFS and/or Fibromyalgia. I know them personally and they are wonderful. Both will do telephone consultations with you.

Also Dr, Derek Enlander at Mt. Sinai in New York does Skype and so does Dr. Charles Lapp and Dr. Laura Black of Hunter Hopkins Center. You would need to call their offices to find out the terms of an online consultation.

You can contact me for more information at I am not sure if I am allowed to post names and contact numbers here on the message boards. I will find out. But feel free to send me an e-mail and I will help you.

Hugs, MicheleK